Connecting encoders without DIN?

rvlt

Hi,

is it possible to connect encoders directly to a STM32F4-CORE board running MB-NG without the need for an additional DINX? 

I know the SCS uses port J10A, so it would be nice if we could either re-configure that port for "normal" encoders/buttons (non-SCS), or if we could use J10B for that purpose.

Lars

Hi Lars,

it would be very difficult (and the wrong way) to implement additional encoder functions for GPIOs.

They consume more CPU time than scanning the SRIOs (might sound strange, but the standard scan via SPI in background results into a better overall-performance)

Only possibility that I see is to explain you how to modify the firmware for your particular use case.

But I don't really want to provide a generic (user-configurable) solution.

Alternatively buy a 74HC165 @Reichelt for 0.30 EUR...

Best Regards, Thorsten.

• 2 months later...
Hello Thorsen! Hello everyone! 
After a year of family problems I returned to my hoby. Last year I finished my master keyb 76 keys. Now I'm trying midio128 v3 with lpc1769, about 110 buttons and 20 fader that works very well. I need CONNECTING also 2 encoder on dinx4. there any posibility?

thank!

Silviu

Encoders should work directly on the DIN via this ngc script:

ENC n=1   sr=1 pins=0:1   type=detented1
EVENT_ENC    id=  1  type=CC    range=0:127 enc_mode=Inc41_Dec3F        ports=1111100000001000   

is it possible to connect encoders directly to a STM32F4-CORE board running MB-NG without the need for an additional DINX? 

I know the SCS uses port J10A, so it would be nice if we could either re-configure that port for "normal" encoders/buttons (non-SCS), or if we could use J10B for that purpose.

Look at this topic:

Edited by julle