Simple Switch

Minty

Hello all.

Please be gently, I'm a MIDI noob.

My current setup is that I have a Boss GT8 guitar effects processor that has MIDI control, and a Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 36 amplifier which is MIDI controlled.

I have this set up so that the GT8 changes the amplifer channel to whatever I need when I change the 'patch' on the GT8.

I need one more device to complete my setup;

Basically, I need to add another analogue effect into the chain when in one of two amplifier channels, and remove it from the chain in the third. So in effect, a simple effects loop switch.

I have attached a simple drawing of my idea on the concept, I just need to know how to make the midi part work and what components are required.

[Edit] - it appears that the file didn't attach, maybe I need more posts on the forum to do that?

It can be found here:

MidiSwitch_zpsc3b151d6.jpg

Thanks!

Edited by Minty

Today MIDIbox is probably not the best choice for such a project, because the platform is designed for much more complex use cases.

This Arduino based project seems to fit for your purposes: http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=73418.0

Adding the MIDI OUT shouldn't be a big deal. Either via software based forwarding, or via hardware (MIDI Thru circuit)

Best Regards, Thorsten.