External switches

soje

I'm trying to get the core to toggle a relay (thru a transistor, so I don't pull to much current from the pic). I set :

#define DEFAULT_J5_FUNCTION 3

#define AOUT_INTERFACE_TYPE 3

#define DEFAULT_EXT_SWITCH_DOUT 0

I try to toggle the pins on J5, but nothing seems to happen. Any ideas?

Cheers

Søren

I have the core on a pcb from smash TV, so there are 2 jumper rows (J5a and J5b). There's 5v at the beginning of each row. Connecting the circuit here works as intended. I've tried looking at the RA pins with a scope while switching the states. There's a short change, then back to low.

Erhm.....do the unused ports need pull down resistors?

Cheers

Yes, they should not flip back.

No pull-up resistors are required.

I added to my TODO list that I check this at my side, but I've to open my MB6582 for this, so I can't do this immediately...

Or maybe somebody else could help to doublecheck this?

Btw.: does this happen with any patch, or only with certain ones?

And does this happen if you take the init patch (press SHIFT and then the 4th Soft button under "Ini. Pt.")

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Once again, thanks for your kind help :) Yesterday I tried it out again, but forgot to dial to the patch I've used for aout testing. So with the default patch, the switching worked as intended. I haven't tried the init yet, but it seems there's something in the patch I used earlier, that influenced the switching. I 'll get thing hooked up a bit more consistently (inside the case, without crocodile clips) :), and see how it behaves from there. Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Any news on this?

I also noticed that with some patches it can happen that the AOUT or triggers aren´t working as expected. Sume other functions as well, seems rather strange and hard to repeat. I have another thread about this, but i just saw yours.

Propably it has to do with new assignments in the setup file in conjunction with older patches. Problem is i always noticed this late, so i cannot say what changes exactly made this happen.

In my case Trigger 1 and 8 are not working on my slave core, on my master core i had the same problem with triggers falling back to 0.

Maybe someone else besides TK can check on this or confirm it is working for them... Someone with a MB_SID using all triggers, or with an "exposed" core module so they don´t need to take stuff appart. Then at least we know it´s not a bug (what i actually doubt) but some mistake at our side (although i carefully inspected solder joints a thousand times).

Thank you!

Edited by jrp