Getting crazy with a clean install of toolchain under XP

Hello guys,

I am currently preparing a dedicated workstation under XP for my MBHP developments, and since this morning, I am getting an incredibly stupid problem : Eclipse keeps telling me "make: arm-none-eabi-gcc: Command not found"

I checked everything, reinstalled the complete toolchain, but no way : I am getting this stupid error

The file exists : c:\mios32_toolchain\bin\arm-none-eabi-gcc.exe (I am able to start it with the command line, so I assume it's not corrupted or anything like that)

In Eclipse, I have added the following path in C/C++ Build Environment (in the variables) : c:\msys\1.0\bin; c:\mios32_toolchain\bin; ${Path}

Honnestly, I am scratching my head and feel stupid, since I am quite sure it's a problem related to an incorrect path, but I can't see where I am doing wrong.

If somebody else here has better eyes than me... (mine are getting quite red...) and see what is wrong...

Thanks by advance

Benoit

Had the same Problem but

you can use linux in a VM-Image.  Im making all my Hex files in this VM.

i takes only 5 min to set it up.   1. Download VM.Player 2. Download (any) VM-Linux-mage  3. make the few steps for Linux.

After that you only need a root filemanager and the make-command.  

Thanks for the tips

I will try the Linux stuff today

I am not on XP anymore, but have you tried a format like this:

/J/mios32/trunk

instead of

J:\mios32\trunk ?

Yes, I did.

But obviously, it's not the sources which can not be located, but the tools themselves. I made a quick test by changing the GCC_PREFIX, and the file name Eclipse is looking for changes too. So it's a stupid problem related to the path or something like that, but I am really out of idea after verifying everything (and moreover, the same setup works perfectly on another machine)

Last fresh news...

Just changed the arguments in PATH variable in Eclipse to c:\msys\1.0\bin;${Path};c:\mios32_toolchain\bin  rather than c:\msys\1.0\bin; ${Path}; c:\mios32_toolchain\bin

Yes, there is a difference :shocked:

I simply the removed the space after each separator !!!

And now it works !!!

BONK BONK BONK <- noise of my head on my desk

Thanks anyway for your proposals ilmenator and Zossen :queen:

Edited by BEBDigitalAudio