2-octave Hammond pedalboard with velocity

Sauraen

I found two 12-note pedalboards on eBay for $30 and $40 (including shipping!) respectively. After a little drilling and sawing, they're now one:

The original contact assembly was actually a 12-bit mechanical memory, with latches that kept the contact for the last-pressed key open, plus one switch for "any key pressed now". Basically a CV+Gate setup! I scrapped all that, but because there was an extra copper contact for each key that was part of the latch mechanism, I was able to add those as "make" contacts to get a velocity-sensitive setup:

It will be MIDIfied once my next order from SmashTV comes in! (I'm going to add some other buttons later, so it has to be MBNG instead of MBKB. But latency is less of a problem for pedals anyway.)

Are you going to build a separate case, or will this be part of a larger console?

Once I modify the metal covers that were over the switch assemblies, I'm going to put those on, to keep dust and stuff out. I'm not exactly sure where I'll put the core (LPC17 from my MIDIbox FM V2.0 that I'm replacing with the STM32F4 core) or DIN/DOUTs... Eventually there will be more pedals on top, so I'm not going to close it up with a case. However, this won't fit under my current keyboard stand, so I want to build a wooden stand that has these pedals integrated and will hold up the synths above it.