Proposal: MUTE Page - enable/disable syncing to measure with FAST button

borfo

The "sync mute/unmute to measure" function is great.  Here's a small change that would make it easier to toggle the feature on and off:

Currently you have to go into the options menu to enable or disable syncing to measure.  While playing around with this feature, I found that I wanted to be able to sometimes sync mutes to measure, but sometimes immediately mute or unmute.  I don't think there is currently a way to do this other than going into the options menu.

Since the SELECT button is already used for selecting a group of tracks to simultaneously mute or unmute, I thought the FAST button could be used to quickly and easily enable and disable syncing to measure.  It could be implemented in either of two ways:

1:  Hold FAST then press GP buttons to instantly mute/unmute tracks, regardless of whether Sync to measure is enabled; or

2:  When FAST is active, Muting and unmuting is synced to measure.  When FAST is inactive, muting and unmuting happens immediately.  (or maybe the other way around is more intuitive, actually: FAST=instant)

I prefer option 2.  (edit: actually, I'm not sure that I do...  Both ways have their advantages.)

This isn't a particularly important feature to add or anything, it just occurred to me while I was working on documenting the MUTE and SOLO functions, and I thought I'd write it down here before I forgot about it.

Edited by borfo

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...