MIDIdocs (SEQV4): Chords (discussion thread)

borfo

It's maybe better to start with a simple example, not the one from the tutorial.

Chords are already useful w/o the force-to-scale function (the tutorial is an advanced example).

The chords can not only be transposed from an external keyboard or from a loopback track, but also with the static track transpose function (press MENU->Transpose)

This is sufficient for most ambient and Berlin style tunes (especially when Minor chords are played ;-)

Originally chords were only intended as some kind of quick composing help. For more sophisticated chord progressions it's better to use the recording functions - especially the recently introduced EDIT Recording function simplified this a lot!

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Good points...  I'll add a simpler example when I have some time.  Feel free to edit any of these if you like, by the way - I'm just trying to flesh out a bunch of articles right now, I'm planning on improving them as time goes by.  But I'm not at all attached to what I've written - people should feel free to edit them.

I actually didn't realize there was a semitone option on the transpose page until right now - I thought it was just an octave shift.  Added that option to the article.

Edited by borfo

• 1 year later...