Help, I messed up my Update

phillwilson

So sorry to be a burden to the group....it seems I got over excited with my updating and probably did something stupid.

I downloaded the latest firmware  v4,086 and started up MIOS Studio 2.4.6 everything seemed as I had left it and it discovered my Midibox via my cheap Chinese style usb to midi in/out cable no problem.

here is where I THINK I went wrong... I had the options of folders

MBHP_CORE_LPC17

MBHP_CORE_STM32

MBHP_CORE_STM32F4

I chose STM32F4 (I now suspect wrongly)

MIOS let me upload just fine and I did get the ...success...message at the end of the upload.

I then turned my MIDIBOX SEQ V4 off and on again...only to be greeted with black squares on the display...nothing else.

no amount of waiting around will yield it doing anything else and now it won't seem to connect via my USB to din cable at all...

I took a look through the trouble shooting guide but I am not seeing my usage case.

please help if you can, I am really worried I have killed my box.

thanks

Phill

Sorry everyone.... I got this solved now...

it seems that A . I did upload the wrong file, I needed the F1 version not the F4

but the compound problem I was seeing was result of my generic midi cable freaking out and killing its own drivers.

in the end I installed some EMU ones and now everything came back to life and I was able to contact the core by a power cycle.

thanks for your help ,

Phill