Drum notes not saving? bug?

phillwilson

I seem to have discovered a bug with drum tracks...

I have turned Group 1 Track 4 into a drum type (2*32/128)

most of the default midi notes work with my volca (BD=C1, SD=D1 etc) and these work fine

BUT the ones that I have to change (PH from G#1 to G1 for instance) are being accepted initially (ie I can set them up and then sequence the notes correctly) BUT upon erasing the track they always go back to their defaults (G1 in this case) ...even if I have gone into presets and logged these changes as a new preset (I created a kit called BEATS in this case with all the notes mapped correctly)

How can I get these changed notes to just "be" the notes, even after I erase the track, or is this a bug?

thanks

Phill

been spending quite a while trying ot sort this one, I figure I might be bugging the forum , for which I apologies.

I seem to also have an issue in which on a melody track (not drum) ...the live keyboard IS playing using the scales...for instance minor..

but the played back sequence that is recorded via live play, I NOT ( it is defaulting to full chromatic play back...so if I play F and F# one after the other for instance, I am hearing just one note if I I using the scale of C major live (correct behaviour) .... but as the track is played back the track is being played as if no scale setting is applied (so I hear F and F# as two separate notes).

not sure what I have messed up....all melodic tracks have FTS set to ON and Scale is set to C Minor within the FX menu.

BUT the ones that I have to change (PH from G#1 to G1 for instance) are being accepted initially (ie I can set them up and then sequence the notes correctly) BUT upon erasing the track they always go back to their defaults (G1 in this case) ...even if I have gone into presets and logged these changes as a new preset (I created a kit called BEATS in this case with all the notes mapped correctly)

It's the default behaviour that note assignments will be reset with the CLEAR function.

You can change this behaviour in the options page (e.g. UTIL->Opt): select the option 8/13 "Paste and Clear button will modify Only Steps" (and not "Complete Track")

Recovery from a preset works at my side.

It's important that the Cfg import is selected with "Yes" in the PRESET page (during the import steps), otherwise the previous drum note map will be kept.

I seem to also have an issue in which on a melody track (not drum) ...the live keyboard IS playing using the scales...for instance minor..

This means that you've enabled the FTS option in the Opt->Live page for runtime scaling.

but the played back sequence that is recorded via live play, I NOT ( it is defaulting to full chromatic play back...so if I play F and F# one after the other for instance, I am hearing just one note if I I using the scale of C major live (correct behaviour) .... but as the track is played back the track is being played as if no scale setting is applied (so I hear F and F# as two separate notes).

It's normal that the recorded notes are not scaled but reflect the original entry.

all melodic tracks have FTS set to ON

Can you please doublecheck that the track specific ForceScale option is enabled in the MENU->MODE page?

(it's not called "FTS" there)

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Thanks so much for your detailed reply,

I have finally got all the tracks set up as I had imagined...I think sometimes in the heat of actually playing, I end up on the wrong page and sit there happily twisting knobs and altering settings whilst blindly oblivious :)

cheers for your patience.

Phill