Encoder & Buttons acting erratic.. no shorts,dead IC's,bad solderjoints... Please help!

Pigsnoot

Hello, i've done Music Machine, prophet 64, Mssiah, Cynthcart and boy was I happy to finnally get a Sammich!!! Thanx for that!

But....

I'm having real issues with my encoder and buttons on CS

Everything is working great, besides them

At first the encoder worked, after firmware upload it stopped

Button 4 of the top row is working all the rest is dead

CS testmode behaves erratic...

No shorts, no wrong placed IC's, no wrong soldered resistor array, no flipped caps, heatsink not touching,checked all solderjoints 100 times, tested continuity on headerpins , nothing I can see/think of...

Changed all IC's on CS couple of times, no change

I'm STUCK....  :(

Could it be a PCB issue?  Bad buttons? encoder? resistor array ?don't have a clue

tested voltages on buttons all good, all voltage and continuity tests ok, screen is ok..leds are working fine, BUT when sound plays no action from leds too..

Please help....I'm about to put my sammich in a box with a half assed CS....no fun without the knobs, sure midi works and all but ...sigh

I'm all out of options here

Hi,

so your sammichSID was working correctly before the update, some control elements stopped working after the update and you haven't done any modification on the hardware, right?

Could it be that you've uploaded the wrong firmware?

The release package contains a "setup_sammich_sid.hex" file, please only upload this one

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Hi Thorsten,

thanx for your reply!

I uploaded exactly that file... there are absolutely no hardware mods !

Is there ANYTHING I can do to fix my Sammich? Do you guys handle faulty units? or can I get a new one?

Sorry for the troubles....It's just so sad...  I fixed a sammichSID for somebody the other day, it had also some CS problems but they were fixed by all the stuff I did above, but now mine seems unrepairable.... :(

Thnx

Edited by Pigsnoot