midibox butons dont react until i comunicate with mios studio

matcom3

hi

this is my first midibox (pic core) with butons and leds, my problem is when i turn off the machine and turn on again the butons and leds doesnt work, they start to work if i start mios studio , the comunication with the box start and then every thing works fine, is it normal?, how can I solve this?

thank you very much

For MIOS8 applications this is definitely not normal (most of them are working since years and nobody reported such an issue yet).

(for the records: the MIOS32 issue only exists for MBHP_CORE_STM32F4 after the new USB MIDI Host driver has been introduced, and will be solved with the next app releases)

Which MIOS8 application are you using exactly?

How is it connected to the MIDI device (resp. your PC?) and is there anything else we should know to help you?

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Midibox64, its conected directly to the pc with a steinberg midex 3, its true its my midibox number 3 and its the firat time ive seen that…. I have pic burner if that helps…., i only buildt a 2 chips (8 outs and ins) din and dout boards, btw, how can i disable the menu butons and convert them tosend them normal midi events?

Thanks a lot

I found following hint in the user manual of your interface:

MIDEX-3 provides an automatic "MIDI Thru" function for MIDI In/Out 1. This is automatically enabled, when no application (like e.g. your sequencer) accesses the MIDEX-3 or when USB is disconnected. You can then directly address the instrument connected to output 1 from an instrument connected to MIDEX-3 input, without the need to change the MIDI cable connection.

Here the complete manual for the case that you don't have it anymore: ftp://ftp.steinberg.de/Archives/Hardware/Midex_3/Midex3OperationManual.pdf

This explains, why your MIDIbox behaves differently once you open MIOS Studio (the MIDI application)

The reason why it works with your other MIDIboxes: maybe you've connected them to a different MIDI OUT of your MIDEX-3 interface?

Or your 3rd MIDIbox has MIDI merger enabled, the other not...

The MIDI merger would cause a loopback between the MIDIbox and the MIDEX-3 interface.

Best Regards, Thorsten.