EEPROM_Init on STM32F4 messing up bootloader

keves

Hey,

I'm experiencing something odd - if I call EEPROM_Init(0) in APP_Init then I cannot upload code using the bootloader unless I reset the board and hold the user (blue) button.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I'm guessing this has to do with EEPROM_Init touching the flash and somehow messing it for the bootloader...

Hi,

seems that EEPROM_Init() (or your application) hangs up for unknown reasons.

Could you please check if the same happens with an existing application which is using the EEPROM driver, such as MIDIbox KB?

If yes: then I've to troubleshoot the problem at my side.

If no: then it's very likely related to your application, e.g. the way how you initialize parameters which are stored/restored to/from EEPROM.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Hello and thank you for the reply.

I just checked with MIDIbox KB and this isn't happening (I can repeatedly upload it). With my app it fails repeatedly the moment I introduce EEPROM_Init(0).

Note that I am not doing anything with the EEPROM at the moment other than initializing it. In addition, the rest of my app seems to work (MIDI over USB, DIN/DOUT chain, AINSER are all working as expected).

Any idea what else could cause this? I will start commenting out parts of my code and see if I can narrow it down.

Thanks again,

Eran