Lemur is now available for Android

borfo

I was looking for an excuse for a Nexus 7 so this is it.  Of course I have the wrong magjack on mine which needs to be replaced first but as soon as that gets here, I'll give it a good workout.

What is the compatibility with a V4L?

Edited by Altitude

I've got it installed on my phone and tablet...  I can't get it to connect to USB midi devices though...  I've tried the SEQ directly (via a powered hub) - the phone seems to recognize it as a midi device (it offers to launch another MIDI app), but there's nothing listed in Lemur's MIDI connect dialog.  Same with a USB-MIDI adapter.  How are you connecting to MIDI?

No - I use linux for everything, and there's no lemur daemon for linux...  I may wind up running a virtual machine just to run the daemon though, I guess.

I expected it to be able to recognize USB -> MIDI devices though, like the iPad version does.

No - I use linux for everything, and there's no lemur daemon for linux...  I may wind up running a virtual machine just to run the daemon though, I guess.

I expected it to be able to recognize USB -> MIDI devices though, like the iPad version does.

grr,  Did some more digging and OTG usb midi is NOT supported on Android which is some B.S..  Half the reason I bought this was with the assumption that it would be supported since just about all other midi apps work fine at this point with OTG midi devices.

On a better note, tested the V4L and it works, I get some lag with the time bar going by sometimes but everything appears functional.  I need to change the magjack on the big seq before I can test there but i'll be doing that shortly

I'm sure that'll get sorted out soon enough - support for MIDI devices would seem to be pretty near the top of the list of "must haves" for a MIDI app.

Apparently it does support some sort of MIDI connection directly over USB, where the Android is in USB debugging mode and some software is running on the connected computer.  But I haven't tried that out because, well, the software isn't available for linux..

Yeah, the "USB tethering" which is setting it up as a network device via USB cable to the PC, pretty pointless.  I'll wave the OTG flag at the forums for a while and see what happens. nTrack and TouchDAW support USB Midi interfaces just fine (I run GM5s on my phone when testng in the lab, pretty handy actually), hopefully Lline will get with the program soon

Ok,

Initial findings:

SeqV4: Works fine

SeqV4L: Works fine

The app itself is a little rough around the edges, I've had FCs and black screens when messing with the configurations and there is some lag on the feed back occasionally (the red bar going by) but everything works as it should.  I only moved the "connected/disconnected" button since once lemur reformatted the project for the different aspect ratio, with was overlapped by another control

I did look at the CV project and that seems like it needs more formatting adjustments for Android but nothing big, just moving stuff around but my main problem is that I dont have a MIOS32 environment set up to build the binary,  If someone could compile the project for the LPC core, I will test it but I dont have the time to get the MIOS32 compiler up and running today.