Battery power supply circuit/parts advice?

borfo

I'm building a mobile enclosure for my SEQ, BLM and a few synths.  The plan is to make something that's portable so I can easily take a basic setup out to play places other than my living room.  I'm also planning on including a battery power option, using a few external battery packs that hold Lithium-Ion 18650 batteries, so I can play outside this summer without mains electricity. Here's one battery pack that I'm thinking might work - it outputs various voltages:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-Adjustable-5V-12V-Mobile-Power-supply-18650-power-bank-USB-6-x-18650-Battery-Charger/2029641124.html

Most of my gear won't be a problem to power - I have already run my SEQ, a BLM, and a synth for well over 6 hours on an external USB battery pack.  A lot of my synth gear is DIY stuff, so power won't be difficult to wire up.  Wiring an amp and speaker will also be relatively straightforward.

I'd like to include my Emu Proteus 2000 in this mobile enclosure, and power it by battery too.  It has an internal AC->DC PSU that generates 0.3A on the +12v rail, 0.3A on the -12v rail, and 3A on the 5v rail.  But 0.3A appears to be more -12v current than a LT1054 can handle...

Does anyone have any advice for building a battery power supply that can deliver .3A on -12v?

The options that occur to me are:

1) run 3 LT1054's in parallel to get .3A of -12v.

2) connect two 12v battery packs in series, use the connecting point between the two battery packs as my ground, and the connectors on either end will be -12v and +12v. 

But instead of connecting all my gear to different external battery packs, I imagine it might be more power efficient to build one big battery pack, and one power supply circuit with 5v, 9v, +12v and -12v rails, and power all my gear from that one big battery pack.  (anyone have a link to a decent circuit design schematic for something like that?)

Does anyone have any comments or thoughts on what the best approach for a battery powered enclosure would be?

Edited by borfo