OSC-Capacitive Multitouch + Raspberry Pi (no tablet Topic)

Phatline

i saw TKs Lemur SEQ app, and come to the idea that for my Project Trigger-Matrix in V2 it should work over OSC and LAN only.

I want to fix the Touchscreen device in my Gig-Rack.

Tablets: No Lan, but WLAN, Bluetooth, Akku, Camera... and other stuff that i DONT need in an Music device

Normal Desktop - Multitouch-Monitors: starts with 19" and are a bit expensive.

Screen/Touch-Combinations for self construction: Cheap small, thin... the way to go (in my case)

what this guy did:

http://www.heise.de/make/meldung/Edles-Selbstbau-Tablet-mit-Raspberry-Pi-2085593.html

he got his disply/capacitives from here:

http://www.chalk-elec.com/?page_id=1280#!/14-HDMI-interface-LCD-with-capacitive-touchscreen/p/36248806/category=3094861

---not full hd!

I will need a Android Computer for this because there are a fiew Multitouch capable OSC-Software out there:

http://hexler.net/software/touchosc-android

what brings me to Raspberry Pi:

https://www.mepits.com/project/180/DIY-Projects/How-to-Install-Android-on-Raspberry-Pi-?

140$ for an 10" Multitouchscreen? ... well not Full HD, and 10" is a bit to small for an big Button Matrix... but cheaper then alot of leds and Buttons... and all the time to solder, etch, drill, screw, cable, wire... waaaahhhh.

i am now surching for "over 10" and under 19" displays, full hd, with the possibility to connect with a raspberry pi, or simular device that can run a Android version that can handle Multitouch capable OSC-Software.

@this point i have to write something.... because i found so much Troll Information outthere, by seeking a Tablett without 3G Bluetooth or WLAN... i got angry by so much stupidity, and now because it is a main task, its time to post a other point of view - for all the consume trolls:

"why you say WLAN is useless stuff? and so on..." Well there is no short answer from me to you... if you really interestet in something that i call "what is right" (for me.. what not mean for you) then read on

There are a few reasons for that.

My grandfather was a electrician, after WW2, he was one of the pioneers in small villages that winding motors or trafos, help the energy to get into the houses, he was (is) a maker...and now old an ill because of technic and  ill making livestyle (normal postwar americal like Austrian Livestyle)

but bevore i can say for his village he was one of the the first man that have to do with current the last 300 years... (historry is written by...).... His 1st son died in current. after years I the grandson was born... grandpa infected me with the Frequency Power and DIY spirit... but there where not only him, there is also my father that have no glue about electronics at all, but about good pschodelic music, and beeing in nature beeing a real human working with mentally handicapped persons, and my mother open hearted thin sking person... and me that all comines that spirit into one new spirit, standing here haveng oversight about a postfaschism country where 60 years ago electrical power grows up until now where we are - a cyperspace non human robotic isolated steril antibiotic dieng world...  i was in scholl for electronics, then  electrics, was a lighting assistent, camera assi, event technician, old peoples nurse, electronic musican, even programmer, psychonaut, thinker, herbal assembler, gardener, writer, now cad electric and CAD planner for big Building complexes and much much more... I can be what  I want to be, i have the power - and i have the power to combine all that to say "I know" - there are things that i Know because i am capable to think! not to believe or respeak  what I heard in TV (what i dont have) or Radio (what i not hear" or read in Press (which i dont read), it was a hard way, from shool believer unawareness - to self thinker  >>>> there are things out there they are clear! It dont matter what people in forum, wiki, neighbars, moderators, press and all the paid/stupid trolls are saying. I say: ;)

Binarry Rightangle Microwave Signals are lightyears away from Natural Frequencys which most of the time are Sinus or in a way "Round" - like the way of the moon the star the sund the universe, spiral...the nature is easy going - as we are! All those metals in your teath, in your footh on your body in your body in your cells in your brain in your air, in your fry pain, in your drink... and even in your red metal blood.

Flaming your intelect is also lightways away from me >  now its time to promote your intelect: simply qestion you:, what happens if your metall come in a "low power" electro magnetic field? what happens in a alterned field?

Are Metals affective to alterned fields? is your Own Cell-Frequency and current strong enough to be an selfstanding valid iland in the ocean of waves? Did you think you can avoid to go in resonance with it? What did you think can weak you that you go in resonance with the fields?

With wich amount of current your neuronal network works? How many currenet can be induct in the rightangle technically binareey field of 50Hz-4000000000Hz? What is  a overtone. What happens if frequency overlaps? what are peaks? Can you imageine that there is not only your tablett? can you image that there are milliards of tablets mobile phones cb, gps, fm mw lw elf radar out there, can you visualize them in your inner Eye, can you calculate there interactions its overtones and overlaps?

Well we dont see, but try to visaulize it, look out of the window seen all the poles, and wire, now think. --- I not implicide that they kill you now, because it would not be true, i not say they kill you at all --- i simply know the abstinence of the ocean of waves - and see the power the mental strength focus the body healthness and self awareness of beeing free off AC. --- that just had to be said, because of the massive other believs out there.

respect - mike

Edited by Phatline

LOL! I'll have what he's having :)

But on topic, I had a few similar thoughts recently. It started by finding a junk set of old building control panels which happen to be a matrixed row of 16 duo LEDs bussed to an IDC connector. Sadly I only have 12 of the boards and I'm not sure if the BLM could support two pages of 16x8. TK mentioned that it would be impossible to maintain parallel firmware versions, but I wonder if this is now on the table again after the new Launchpad work, and also in view of the fact that only one 16x16+x currently exists.

My thoughts also turned to the Stribe controller: surely that would make a great switch row and quantizing to 17 columns shouldn't be too bad(?)

Or to go one step further: if you need a big custom PCB, why not make a capacitive switch matrix too? This is already done in the Make Noise René and Pressure Points for example. You lose the tactile feedback but it's not too different from a tablet device. Add a few diodes and LEDs and you're there with your BLM CS. With clever routing you might also end up with smaller 4x4 or 8x8 matrices that would bring down the cost. There are a few chips that do all of the conversion for you, but only upto an 8x8 matrix.

Yes you could look at programming your own touch screen, but IMO, once you've got a nice screen, battery, case and dealt with all of the wiring and programming you could have saved time (and probably money too) and picked up a small iPad or Android device.

EDIT: I see that you want a more permanent solution with wired LAN, hope you don't mind my assorted ramblings too!

Edited by latigid on

TouchOSC need Apple or Android.... i could use some of thes Android mini pcs...but most of them have WIFI...

I tried to install Android on Raspberry PI B > it is not booting - tried differnt sdcarsd and disk formats (fat, fat32) - dont work

https://www.squirrelhosting.co.uk/hosting-blog/hosting-blog-info.php?id=22https://www.squirrelhosting.co.uk/hosting-blog/hosting-blog-info.php?id=22

next is to try linux on rasberry PI B in combination with nexusOSC

http://www.nexusosc.com/drop/braid/

a freeware touchscreen Solution something like TouchOSC... but with my ubuntu laptop and firefox i dont run, now trying with rasperry pi and a Acer Multitouch Monitor.

http://elinux.org/ArchLinux_Install_Guide

Edited by Phatline

• 2 weeks later...

Tryed to install different Linux distributions on Raspberry pi:

got Lubuntu working (as loong you dont want to wach video...), not good enough for my daily stuff, even dont get mios-studio2 to work, nor the MiosToolchain (ok this is all time a fight...) but dont matter for the touchscreen solution only a webbrowser is needet:

no answer from the Panel-Dealer about android drivers... ...dont matter - i am not so sure that i want a Android OS because of this:

i made a google.play account and gmail account --- and linked a paypal acount... and i linked a bank account...i wait 2 weeks now, but everytime i try to buy touchosc or lemur i get:

Ihre Bestellung wurde abgelehnt, weil sie als Bestellung mit hohem Risiko eingestuft wurde. Bitte versuchen Sie es in 30 Minuten erneut. [bM-CPE-13]

"Your order was declined because it was considered high-risk. Please try again in 30 minutes"

well after 30 minutes ...again and again and 14 days later nothing changed... welcome to the brave new world >

and all this because i dont have linked a credit card > "only" a bank account... i only want to give you some fruit and time of my live to exchance....no you have to have a CREDIT CARD --fu.that.  i now Remember why i turned to linux!!!! and never installed windows for anyone againg...even not for my father how begged me to get it > ask a other guy from ME you get linux!!!

its all about the fucking money - we thwart us! ...there are people out there - they say - oh money and competition bring the best out of human... i say it bring the worst out off and it thwart us all!!!! wait 14 days to get nothing - even if you will to pay - you are not allowed - oh brave new world...

-es geht nur um die shice koohle- und des geht ma so dermassen am wecka!

...so next steps on this thopic:

1.Whaiting for USB-Ethernet Adapter to receive

2.Dissamble a Tablet, remove WIFI, Bluetooth, Accu, Cams, Mics, Loudspeakers, --- ad powercable, Essamble and put it into my rack.

3.Try to get http://www.nexusosc.com/drop/braid/ working - really i hope it will --- because i dont want to have to do with that Google and Apple and Microsoft criminals who twart us  - out!

And because when i program a app - i want that other people can use it with haveing the same barrieres like me - and i dont want barrieres so i have to be straight. -- i hope that BRAID can do that what i want... but what i have seen - it dont have that skill: just send button presses but dont change the state of "LED" ---change the state via feedback from MIOS32 core >>> i think that is working in TOUCH OSC and LEMUR...

I have some research to this... next week i have a gig... and just thougt i have a touchcontroller until then...but google says "NO you CANT, you are HI-RISK" - its HI risk to trust google.

Edited by Phatline

had tested now TOUCH-OSC --- (omg it was good that google dont sell me that sh.)

its useless for sequencers, I need Multicolour Button-Matrix - to indicate and set the current Velocity of the Step --- TOUCH osc can show only 2 State "ON and OFF" - "no and go" I need @least 4states: OFF, Green(<60) Orange(>60<90) Red(>90Velocity)

finally get lemur > after 3 weeks waiting...

now its time to setup the the usb-Ethernet Adapter on a tablet... but bevore doing this by manual (without dhcp), i have to find out my routers settings... for Linux type in:

$ nm-tool

now i get my subnet, dns, gateway, and router-ip.

since i now find out that i have a class C network (netmask 255.255.255.0) i need a IP adress above 192.x.x.x or in the range 10.0.02-255 and so on

Edited by Phatline

The Ethernet-USB-Adapter "JP1081B" is working with my Android Tablet "POV p1046" (orginal firmware): but not in DHCP mode > then it says disconnected - but dont matter i need a static IP anyway...

--AND NOT ALWAYS!!!!! ---sometime the Adapter looses connections and start blinking rapidly!!!! >>> dowloading @ the moment a new Android system... hope that helps

So set uped my router and switches and PCs and Laptops and Tablets with static IPs... and it works...

Lemur mirror me the Editor Layout made on a Windows 7 PC (connected via Ethernet)...

...I am Still looking for a Linux solution!... I thougt of a DMG (Mac)...Emulation on VirtualBox .... because wine dont worked for me with the Lemur Editor! (DirectX Error- which is a known bug)

Edited by Phatline