Seq V4 problem : stop working when I choose another pattern !

warpboy

Hello,

Everything was working well for a long time, but now when I open the session that I use, I can't change from from one pattern to another.

It seems I have the problem only with group 2 when I change from A6 to A7 pattern

The sequencer lcds stop working, but It continues to play....

I have tried to create a new blank session. It works, but I have to understand what is the problem.

Seq v4 software is V0.87

The SD card is the same till now...

Any idea ???

Thank you in advance

Warpboy

Edited by warpboy

It also crashes at my side.

A quick analysis of the pattern data shows me that it's corrupted - I can't say why.

Do you remember the moment when you stored the A7 pattern? Was there something special? (e.g. power interruption or similar?)

I don't see an easy way to restore the pattern.

In order to avoid the hang, you've to overwrite 2:A7

E.g. after power-on select group 2, press MENU+SAVE, select 2:A7, press the SAVE button and confirm the name.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

hello,

I was so happy with my session working again that I've not answered to your question :

Do you remember the moment when you stored the A7 pattern? Was there something special? (e.g. power interruption or similar?)

I have no guarantee about the reason :

- quick electrical interrrupt

-SD card problem, removed while it was saving datas....

I'll keep an eye, but It seems the reason is an  external problem to  the seq V4 and not inside it .

Best regards

hello,

back again !!!!!!

new session problem, I can't open/save/create..... any session, when the problem has started, I'll have a look at the info page in the midibox seq .

Next to STOPWATCH on the right lcd I can read : Overrun

SD card seems to be problematic. I try to look at the files inside with a computer but most of the time, I need to insert it two times in the sd card reader from my computer before I be able to read it.

With another sd card everything is ok.......then I have copied  my session from my computer to the new sd and it's not working

any ideas ?

thank you in advance

I'm really sorry about the trouble! :-(

Currently I've no plausible explanation what is going on there with the given information.

It could be that an electrical problem damaged not only the pattern, but also other (random) blocks on your old SD card, which is now leading to inconcistencies, but this is only speculation...

Most important: don't store anything on the old SD card anymore!

I would propose following approach: create a backup of the complete SD card (if possible)

Then format it (or use the second card)

Copy all files (not only a session) to the new filesystem.

If this doesn't help we need to check this further with some terminal commands which I can't give you this week due to vacation...

Best Regards, Thorsten.