Midifying an acoustical instrument ;)

zaordsword

Hi here,

I would like to midify an acoustical accordion like instrument. 

That means that I would need to:

For a part allowing to play the instrument in silent mode:

- Make sensors to know when a key is operated and make a sound when it's the case.

- Implement some sound effects (reverb, ...etc) to the sounds created by the keyboard

- implement a looper

- implement a headphone out line 

during the playing in acoustical mode:

- Implementing a microphone for ctach the acoustical sound when the instrument is played.

How do you think I should that with ?

Best

Thanks 

Hi !

Sorry, maybe my question was not so precize...

I would like to reformulate a little bit!

So I start from an acoustic instrument, Whatever it is. For a more practical discussion I could choose the accordion.

The specification to this instrument is to produce sound and he as to be possible to be implemented by sensors to be midified.

In fact, The electronic system I would like to make, as two parts:

1- a first one which is to implement midi on a such instrument, with a seqencer: For this I wonder if you could advice me which kind of MidiBox project could be more convinient for me to start with. The instrument is generally 60 differents notes to midify.

2- I would like also to implement a microphone on the system: I would like to implement in electronic a sequencer so which you deals with midi or samples that the musician records directly from the instrument. I would plan to implement also filter, octaver, and so other option.

Can you advice me a clue that I could starts to read and study the background of a MidiProject ?

Waiting for you answers, I would like to thanks all of you which make the discussion possible about a such subject !

Best

Ewen