Newbie help midi from daw to multi LCD

FredricSweden

Just read the ucapps site.

There you also find the link to the midibox-shop.com that sells a breakout board...

i downloaded the schematics and it seems to be possible to make my own j8/9 from the STM32F407. The thing is that the STM32F4Discoery have a built in bootloader, my F407dossent, so i buy a new STM32F4Discovery. Theres a shop here in stockholm selling the one ucapps recomend for only 13euro.

But when do i need the SD-card? MidiBox is loaded to the flash in the STM32 right?

And if not i think i will wait until after the summer due to family and work. I dont have the time to spend hours soldering and burning my fingertips getting pissed of :)

Then i maybe will try to search for somebody that i willing to sell me  a premade midibox NG unit or build one for me that i can lab with.

Hi

Yes right you can make your own J8/9.

The SD card is used for the App. So you will have to load the Bootloader through the miniUSB connector. Then you will have to Download MIOS Studio to your PC/MAC and upload the MIOS system trough the microUSB to the controller. The Apps store the Controlling script on the SD card to save the space inside the chip...

After that you need to Upload the App you whant to play with. Its like a PC where first is the bios then the OS like Windows or Linux and to do anything you will likely start a Program like an Texteditor that saves the file to a SD card... (Maybe)

There is a walktrough tutorial on the ucapps site. Just click on the STM32 Core link.

Best regards

Novski

Edited by novski

thanks.

Hi
Yes right you can make your own J8/9.
The SD card is used for the App. So you will have to load the Bootloader through the miniUSB connector. Then you will have to Download MIOS Studio to your PC/MAC and upload the MIOS system trough the microUSB to the controller. The Apps store the Controlling script on the SD card to save the space inside the chip...

After that you need to Upload the App you whant to play with. Its like a PC where first is the bios then the OS like Windows or Linux and to do anything you will likely start a Program like an Texteditor that saves the file to a SD card... (Maybe)

There is a walktrough tutorial on the ucapps site. Just click on the STM32 Core link.

Best regards
Novski

THANKS