SeqV4 + Ableton Push

Macotronic

Hello Midiboxers how are you? Im really excited on this idea but really dont know if possible, want to ask to the masters if this is possible.

I think the push layout and features are great and is like 95% compatible with the SeqV4, and also provide a 8x8 BLM plus a extra row, pitch bend stripe and everything probably you now, so IMAGINE to have the Seqv4 completly functional on push + the button matrix with pressure sensitive and aftertouch capabilities  :rofl:  :nuke:  :pirate:

Ok so my investigation about the push, its usb midi compatible so I guess we could connect it to the discovery board as a usb device and I think we can use the buttons without a problem, really dont know it we can send the display data to the push display, its possible to send the data via sysex and I guess we can do it this with the seqv4, my finding on this matter is in this links:

https://cycling74.com/forums/topic/how-to-control-the-push-lcd-with-sysex-messages/

http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=79467

I prepare this graphic (see attachment) as a comparision and have some comments:

The Buttons in the Pink square on the midi box are 14 in the push we have 12 available according the pic below so we miss 2 buttons but we also have the line of 8 buttons available ( cc36-cc43) but I guess we can leave this as is because they mark time divisions and I guess this could be usefull with the same purpose on the seqv4, so if this was the case we have just 2 buttons  left from the seqv4 layout, I havent play yet with the seqv4 so please advice if we can leave 2 buttons out jejeje or put some shift something

For the red square we have on the seqv4 16 knobs and 16 buttons on the seqv4 for push we have just 8 knobs with 16 buttons and a dysplay with 4 lines, so I gues we could put the dysplay parameters easily, the left side the first two lines on the push, the right side on the 3 and 4 lines, for the button first row the left side buttons the 2nd row the other 8, just see that we have less encoders but this are touch sensitive so I guess we can make them to assign left or right options, for example if we touch the pot this action is registered so if we turn the first move to the left this will take action with the 8 knobs as they where the left side on the seqv4 and the oposite for the right side, so with a touch and a small movement we can play 16 knobs and the data on the display will be the same as seqv4. 

Also we have to more knobs on the left side  that are available that I guees should be tempo and something else.

SO THE MAIN QUESTION HERE IS: IT IS POSSIBLE TO USE THE PUSH IN THIS WAY???????

And of course im more tha willing to embark in this journey and do it for the community

I Have in mind a box with the seqv4 main cpu+PushedMidiBox with a lots of midi outs connected to synths and jam all along 

Regards

post-20923-0-80651500-1437598337_thumb.j