Midi and Sysex directory on SD

escargot

when trying to import a midi file, it says Midi directory not found on SD card, 

same on the Sysex page (which is not referenced in the manual but has a dedicated button) it says sysex directory not found.

how can i create those?

thanks

Also Rowan pointed out that I should have a preset directory on the SD. 

I have 

MBSEQ_GC.V4

MBSEQ_HW.V4

SESSIONS

can i just create preset/midi/sysex directories from the computer or is the MBSEQ supoosed to write those in?

thanks

Assuming you are just wanting to use the MD preset I uploaded all you need to do is copy the file into the the PRESET directory on the SD card.

Take the SD card out of the MBSEQ, connect it to your computer, unzip the file you downloaded and copy the file across to the SD card's PRESET directory and you should be in business.

I'm unsure about the MIDI and SYSEX directory as I haven't came across these before. I'm pretty sure that you could just use a computer to create these directories.

• 5 months later...

Hi TK,

I've finally understood how to create those directories via MIOS filebrowser [facepalm]. now it says no subdirectories found on sysex directory,,, 

I wanted to use sysex to backup my seqv4, is that how to do it or is there another way?

• 2 weeks later...

There is no SysEx backup option available, all files to restore a MBSEQ setup are located on SD Card.

So, it might be better if you would backup the entire SD Card with your computer (SD Card Readers are more suitable for fast file access)

The "sysex" directory is intended to send SysEx dumps from the SysEx menu - for this purpose, you've to create subdirectories (e.g. choose names which correspond with your synths), and copy the .syx files into these directories.

Best Regards, Thorsten.