GM5/Windows 10/Ploytec Drivers

Altitude

Thought I'd bring this up since I just took the leap to 10 (from 7) and in the process discovered a couple things.  I love the GM5, hands down the best interfaces I've used but under windows 7, using more than one (i use 4), one or several would vanish periodically requiring it to be unplugged and plugged back in.  Never found a reason and this was with the 1.1.1 drivers.  With win10, I using the default drivers resulted in a naming problem where the name of the device was so long you could not differentiate which interface was which so I came looking and found that there is a 1.3.3 ploytec driver and that works perfectly under 10, no disappearing interface and the names are correct !

I stopped using the midibox mode :)

I cant say if the old drivers still have the disappearing issues on 10 but the naming thing makes it a moot point since having 3 identical "MIDIIN1 ploytec midibridge (www,midibox.or" ports at once doesnt really do me any good.  I'm happy with the 1.3.3 drivers, its been over a week and nothing has disappeared 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Windows 10 recognises the SEQ (STM32F1 Core) and its four USB ports but communication over MIDI in MIOS Studio isn't possible. I think it was working fine with Win8. An old Win7 machine works fine and recognises the ports as "GM5 Port 1-4".

I can't spend much time fixing this for the next few weeks, but I thought I'd put it out there if somebody already knew of a quick solution.