Aout Euro - Prototype 1

Altitude

1 hour ago, Altitude said:

I've never done it and never had any problems.  Adding a diode on the CV will mess up the tuning

Hi

If you mean in series that's for sure

But you can hook one diode at posV and one at 0V, will protect positive over voltage to posV+0.7V and negative over voltage to 0V-0.7V.

can be a safe move with bipolar supply component next to the DAC.

I have to admit I don't do this with my Ain/Aout pcb design... Ain mpc3208 already have them integrated, don't remember for the tlv5630

But I add at all Ain/Aout an RC filter, it improve jitter, in my use case at least.

Best

Zam

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

the corrected boards are on their way from OSHpark so next week I'll finalize the testing

I was thinking down the road a bit and adding a DOUT/DIN header so you can expand that chain to euro TPD module..

Edited by Altitude

and calibration is done.  Tracks like a champ, within a millivolt from 1.000 to 8.000 V.  Tomorrow, the workout

Also worth mentioning:  I tested using bus power (+5V from the SEQ) and powering the +5 from the onboard supply and did not see any difference in noise on the scope.  Oddly enough, the liner driver receiver gets pretty warm when powering it that way (it still gets +5 from the core regardless of how the other modules are powered).  I'll leave the headers on the boards but at this stage, I recommend everyone use the onboard +5V supply

• 3 months later...

Hello, altitude, i am on the way to add leds to my gate outputs.

Are you using BC547 as transistor ?

i try to understand how it works, i checked shematics of the midi2CV of hexinverter, some yusynths pcbs, and yours , you all use a transistor, but no one use the same way to accomplish this (maybe it is the basics, sorry if it is THE noob question).

7 hours ago, Lamouette said:

Hello, altitude, i am on the way to add leds to my gate outputs.

Are you using BC547 as transistor ?

i try to understand how it works, i checked shematics of the midi2CV of hexinverter, some yusynths pcbs, and yours , you all use a transistor, but no one use the same way to accomplish this (maybe it is the basics, sorry if it is THE noob question).

Simplest way for you is to use a separate DOUT pin, which I'm sure can be assigned in the hardware config. 

The reason for using a transistor (or CMOS pin as I have) is to provide extra current for the LED, so it doesn't load down the gate when used in parallel.

Don't want to hijack the thread, but i tried the schema, with the good value for my leds, but impossible to get it working.

i have 4.8V at the gate output, and used 470R resistor for my led.

The datasheet for the BC547 say : Emitter-Base Voltage 6V, is my gate voltage to low to open it ?

Did you wire the transistor properly? The 547 and 3904 have opposite pinouts. You can also bias the transistor to get it triggering at different levels.

This blind troubleshooting in an unrelated thread is a bit perplexing. Why not start a new thread and, post pictures/schem of what you're trying to achieve.