Midi controller concept

denoiser

Hi,

i don't have that much knowledge about electronics that i could create and test project on my own. It goes as far as soldering parts.

My question is, is it possible to build unit like one on picture:

64 endless encoders (with good resolution, not dented) - no led rings or status leds

12 pressure pads (note on/off, velocity)

4 transport buttons

Unit storage for midi maps/presets

pc software for assigning CC messages and sending midi map to unit storage

led screen to reflect current preset name - optional

Usb compliant

If it's possible and someone has time and idea how it could be done, please pm me, about price of parts, project documentation and of course your effort.

Thanks in advance

d

p.s. admins and mods sorry if i've posted in wrong subforum, it wasn't intentional.

unnamed.png

MIOS provides a simplified configuration of shiftregister (SR) in/outs. Each chain of SR (in or out) can have 32 SR. Two encoders take one SR so in your case you have to reduce the number of encoders by eight to add the Buttons...

anyway, to build something like that is time intense. You will aso have to specify how the case of your controller should look...

Regards, novski

Edited by novski

I believe that s/he is asking if somebody will develop this controller on commission, I can see how it might be done but I think the cost would be quite high. To OP: what are you willing to pay? I'm not signing up to build it :), but just to get an idea of how much you think it's worth. My guess is that it would be more than you expect.

It makes more sense to arrange encoders in multiples of 8 as that's how the shift registers are connected. I can see groups of 2x4, meaning you might get away with PCB mount on many small boards. The button pads are trickier as they must PCB mount, then you have to work out how to secure them. And I'm not sure if there's a MIDIbox application for force-sensing resistors or piezo elements, you might need to search the forum a bit.

The case would also be quite pricey, it might be better to first pick an off-the-shelf model and design around that.

• 3 months later...