Flashed bootloader onto LPC17 OK but cannot flash apps - HELP!

tomcc

Everything was going great (except that the dense rows of 3 pins on Rev C of the LPC17 do not line up with the Smart TV board - they are off by half a tenth (one half pin position)).  But I gradually and carefully nudged them to fit.) 

Uploaded the bootloader:  worked great.  Nice to see the LED on the LPC board light up - a sign of life!   I did not get the 3 flashes and dims as predicted:  My LPC17 if it has power is always flashing in the same 1 second on and dim.  The only exception is when I'm trying to upload,  when the LED is steady on. 

But I cannot upload  NG.  It all seems to go fine except for that fact that after the upload it does not seem to be there!  I have tried power off/on to make sure and it is just not there.  Just the bootloader. 

I tried to load MIDIO128 just as an experiment:  same result.  Upload process seems to go fine but it just isn't there after the upload. 

I tried to re-upload the bootloader.  

I spent many hours checking the forum before posting this request for help.  I did go thru the "Read this first before requesting help..." MIDI tests but most of those are PIC oriented.  I also do not have a MIDI device to test MIDI IN or OUT.  That may seem strange but that is because this platform is for me to build a MIDI device (a pipe organ midification).   Also went thru the trouble shooting section of the forum to look for the same problem and did not find it.  

So after doing everything I could think of, and reading everything I could find,  I am stuck and would really appreciate some help on what to do next. 

I have attached screens: 

screen1:  what I see with the LPC on and booting Studio.  

screen2 and screen3 show the attempt to upload NG process. 

I have attached screen4 hoping it will help:  there is a message in the terminal screen.  But when I power off and start over I am right back at screen 1 (with no error msgs). 

When I press keys on the virtual keyboard I do see FF activity on both the left and right upper screens. 

I have tried to be complete in the presentation of the problem.  

I would be most grateful for some help. 

Thank you!

Tom

Tacoma WA USA screen3.bmp 

screen3.jpg

screen2.jpg

screen1.jpg

screen4.jpg

Hi Tom,

it looks like jumper J27 (bootloader hold mode) is mounted, resp. Pin 1.27 is connected to ground maybe by fault - see also schematic: http://www.ucapps.de/mbhp/mbhp_core_lpc17.pdf

This would explain, why the application can be successfully uploaded, but won't be started.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Edited by TK.