BLM feature requests

latigid on

I'm having lots of fun with my BLM. So much fun, I actually ask myself if I ever will put my SEQ with the wilba CS in a case because I use only a few buttons and functions (mostly for configuration).

In the urge of having more control over the SEQ via the BLM I said "hello to my hackable device" :happy:  and implemented these few lines in SEQ_BLM_ButtonCallback to access the parameter layers:

case BLM_SCALAR_MASTER_ELEMENT_EXTRA_ROW: {
    if( blm_shift_active || blm_alt_active ) {
      // no function yet (actually I added a function)
      if( !button_depressed ) {
	u8 new_parameter = button_x;
        ui_selected_par_layer = new_parameter;
        BLM_SCALAR_MASTER_ForceDisplayUpdate(0);
      }
      return 1; // MIDI event has been taken
    }

But I'm really just a hacker and have no real experience in programming.

It works so far but I'm aware that it needs more refinement. Adding trigger layers, led feedback etc.

I thought it might be worth getting implemented. Any thoughts?

• 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...

I have a 4L and have been using the juice BLM as a faster more accurate way to input notes.  It would be really handy to have a horizontal zoom feature. If the bar display at the bottom were clickable. No boxes =100% zoom and the grid is in its normal current mode displaying 16 1/4 notes. One box lit and you get 200% zoom and you get 16 1/16 notes of the section of the bar you have selected displayed. Selecting two consecutive boxes for 150% zoom to get 16 1/8 notes on the grid of the two adjoining boxes of the bar selected. Maybe there is already a way to do this but all I have been able to come up with in the manual and forums is using a full seq version 4 to set note length with the jog wheel or possibly manually recording in the sequence either from software or another midi device.

Edited by gerald.wert
typo

• 4 months later...

Just had a nice jam using the BLM. 

How are we going with shifting views on on the y axis? It's okay to view just 16 notes, but I find it restricts the usage, especially when using a "polyphonic" track. 

Perhaps an additional idea: currently the encoder moves just one note up or down when a polyphonic track is enabled. Could the step encoder instead shift the whole shape by semitones? 

(This may be the Weizen talking.)