Midibox NG capabilities aka Studio console.

Aki

Hello.

I'm already working on midibox ng. Using core stm32f4 module. I have connected 88 fatar tp/20 keyboard,, pitch/mod wheels, sustain and expression pedal (as aftertouch).

Now I'v got 25 motor faders ALPS K type and want to make 24 channel console (+1 fader for master volume). Every chanell will got 3 buttons (rec,mute,solo) and 64 endless rotray encoder + aditional buttons.

It will be around 90 buttons with LED, 64 endless rotary encoders, 25 motorized faders.

Is it possible to get the keyboard + console on one core module? Or i need to get one module for keyboard and one module for console?

Next question is what do i need?
I know that for motorized faders it will be 4x MF_NG and 2x MIDI IO, for rotary encoders will use AINSER64 and for buttons and led go with DIN/DOUT or DIO_MATRIX?

Any advice will be helpful.
Best wishes,
Micha?.

Is it possible to get the keyboard + console on one core module? Or i need to get one module for keyboard and one module for console?

I wouldn't recommend that, because by doing this you lower the resolution of the velocity of the keyboard, because more DIN/DOUT have to be scanned.

I know that for motorized faders it will be 4x MF_NG and 2x MIDI IO, for rotary encoders will use AINSER64 and for buttons and led go with DIN/DOUT or DIO_MATRIX?

Rotary encoders are also digital. So AINSER64 is not helpful here. For normal pots you want to use AINSER but for encoders you'll need to go with DIN-modules.