MBSEQ Meets Modular

Rowan

Today I mounted an AOUT_NG and DOUTX4 into the back of my Eurorack case. These are connected to a MB Line Driver (receiver) module. All the connections are broken out on o the front panel with 3 X Cat Girl Synth CGS-93 Trunk modules.

Now I've got a single cable connection between my MBSEQ and modular system and its working really well.

This setup is giving me 8 channels of CVs, 8 gates and 8 Clocks. I still have the ability to add a further 16 gates easily if I need to in the future. 

image.thumb.jpeg.a87d4685365cdb5f84f0037

image.thumb.jpeg.e24c7e6e01bed39444cdd84

Edited by Rowan

Thanks for posting this, it's what I had in mind. The CGS93 trunk line modules certainly is going to make it easier. Where did you get the CGS Panels?

The SEQV4 in red looks awesome btw

Edited by slo
Incorrect information

image.thumb.jpeg.3b1a86a2fa9ecfdb4666418You can buy the PCB and panel directly from CGS, it's only $10 a set and the only other parts you need to buy are the 16 way headers and mini jack sockets. Each module cost me about $15 to build, I really can recommend them highly enough. They can also be used as mulits which adds to their versiltlity. 

image.thumb.jpeg.4d1dc8dbbef6e2a30decf70

Thanks for the inspiration; interesting, what can be hidden into an Eurorack case! :)

I see your DOUTx4 has 8 IC's, the photo at SmashTV shows 4 IC's so he must be displaying an older version.

The "ICs" in the yellow package are actually 8x220 Ohm resistor arrays

Best Regards, Thorsten.