Connecting fatar 61 df keyboard

clem!

Hi all,

after long absence I have decided to build a midibox kb. So I have soldered  LPC17, loaded up midibox kb and thought, DIO_matrix "1 to 1" connected to keybed (as shown here: http://www.ucapps.de/midibox_kb/midibox_kb_fatar_df_61_interconnections.pdf) and core would produce a working system. But it seems I have failed, I don't get midi note_on-messages from the core. Do I have to adapt the setup somehow or is the 1 to 1 connection the false option?

Best clem!

Edited by clem!

Thank you FantomXR,

if twisted means pin1 from Core32, J8/9 goes to pin 1 of DIO_Matrix, that is what I have done. So this can not be the reason. I will proove the soldering and the connections of the setting with the multimeter one more time, especially the micromatch-connector maybe a cause of defect.

BTW: I've connected a DEM 20485 SYH-LY, KS0066 based 4*20 LCD for EUR 16,50 from Watterott (good price I think), here is the plan for the wiring that differs in the cathode/anode from other displays:

mbhp_lcd_mios32_dem20485.pdf

Edited by clem!
edited kommata ;)

Error found and solved - no it was not the cable. It was a bad soldering point at J8/9 and a pin from IC1 was not plugged. Everything is fine now.

Next I need to adapt the dynamic curve and I have  to shorten the keybed by 1 to 1,5 octaves, there are some defective keys and 5 octaves are to much for the planned keyaxe.

• 1 month later...

After solving some problems with bad soldering points and little softwareproblems, the little toy has got a form and is working. Thanks to TK. and all the others that helped.

And now I've to fix the wheels, connectors for pedals, the pots and the CV-Out. Looks a little bit like a modular:happy:. Here ares some pics:  Parts.jpg.a515c9d640caaa5da5ccd80070b288Woodenframe.jpg.c8b3f8bb9e3c519b3a1c57daAluframe.jpg.8ea3f1797bacee5a9dadb3da319Control1.jpg.1b8ee01b7596f91ff7dad6b5843Control2.jpg.4d2489d73fb9e0ce52a7be9fad4

Edited by clem!