[SHARING] my PCBs

FantomXR

Hey people,

as I'm an active member of this community for quite a long time and I really appreciate the help that one gets here, I'd like to share the PCBs with you, that I've created over the last two years. I already created a wiki-entry a while ago but I think this might be overlooked and maybe I can give you some inspirations with those PCBs. The layouts are tested but there might be a few mistakes on the silkscreens. If you found out, somethings wrong, please do not hesitate to contact me. Also I didn't take time to make a clean schematic.... so this might look sometimes confusing ;-) But as I said: It's all tested and should work.

I will not share the PCBs I recreated from TKs schematics, because you can get the PCBs either at SmashTVs shop or the *.brd-layout on ucapps and I don't want to compete with Tim. 

So let's start. If there is something in the layout that needs to be explained, I will add a little description to them.

In general regarding the SMD-layouts: They can be soldered by hand with a good solder iron. There is no need to have an reflow oven or similar. 

1x DIN (SMD):
Description: No mounting holes due to a small size!
1xDIN.thumb.png.b15b340fe679a679cc6bf554
1xDIN.zip

1x DOUT (SMD):
Description:  The package, that is labled with ULN2803 can be either used for of course an ULN. But the footprint fits also resistor-array (f.e. bourns 4816-series). No mounting holes due to a small size!
1xDOUT.thumb.png.3886fc4cb344bd9f17b52d3
1xDOUT.zip

8x Encboard  (SMD):
Description: This is an pcb that can be directly equipped with ICs and than be attached to the core without any other DIN modules. Distance between encoders: 29mm (fits the DTSM-64 distance layout (see below)).
8xEncboard.thumb.png.6c4d0d4bb460e1fe1f4

8xEncboard.zip

Fatar Adapter:
Description: This adapter can be used to connect an 76 or 88 keybed to a DIO-module. You need to solder the jumpers as needed.
Fataradapter.thumb.png.bbe0ff402e1f90dcb

Fataradapter.zip

DIO-Breakout:
Description: This adapter is used to split the pins of an DIO-module into more usable pin-headers. See my switch-boards below.
DIO-Breakout.thumb.png.cdde0b60166f9c5b8

DIO-Breakout.zip

ULN Breakout:
Description: Same as DIO-Breakout.
ULN_Outboard.thumb.png.e76853839458f559e

ULN Breakout.zip

LED Ring (SMD):
Description: This LED ring is made for 0805 LEDs. Good soldering skills needed.
LEDring.thumb.png.7e5d60d083c1a83f59d06e

LEDRing.zip

Neutrik-jack PCB:
Description: This PCB can be used to attach easily sustain- or expressionpedals to an AINSER8 module. Solder jumpers as needed and don't forget the 1k pull up resistor when using it for sustain-pedals / switches.
Neutrik.thumb.png.7520afbf9bd1acc67148a9

Neutrik.zip

OLED Breakout:
Description: The module can be directly connected to J15A/J15B of the core. You can then connect OLEDs in conjunction with the display-board directly to the core without soldering any wires. 
OLED-Breakout.thumb.png.17c55ff80d527ed4

OLED Breakout.zip

OLED Displayboard:
Description: You need this pcb in conjunction with the OLED Breakout above. This pcb will be soldered directly onto an OLED which you can get for good prices on ebay or aliexpress. Pay attention, that this will only work for OLEDs which have 7 pins single-header connectors. 
OLED-Displayboard.thumb.png.75e658aa610e

OLED Displayboard.zip

2x4 DTSM-64 (SMD):
Description: You can connect this PCB directly to the DIO- / ULN-Breakout board (see above), but it should work with classic DIN/DOUT modules too. Switches are DTSM-64.
2x4DTSM.thumb.png.b467c34f06aa5e2a3c4859

2x4DTSM.zip

8xDTSM-64 (SMD):
Description: You can connect this PCB directly to the DIO- / ULN-Breakout board (see above), but it should work with classic DIN/DOUT modules too. Switches are DTSM-64.
8xDTSM.thumb.png.ae264b4148e48de51b4ea88

8xDTSM64.zip

8xDTSM-64 distance (SMD):
Description: Distance between the switches: 29mm. You can connect this PCB directly to the DIO- / ULN-Breakout board (see above), but it should work with classic DIN/DOUT modules too. Switches are DTSM-64. 
8xDTSM_distance.thumb.png.068a5598285e42

8xDTSM_distance.zip

16xDTSM-64 (SMD):
Description: You can connect this PCB directly to the DIO- / ULN-Breakout board (see above). Won't work with classic DIN/DOUT modules. Switches are DTSM-64. Distance: 29mm.
16xDTSM64.thumb.png.f7750443586ae9ecee14

16xDTSM.zip

That's it for now. This list will be updated if there are any news.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for sharing fantomxr, one question regarding the fatar adapter, what are the BK10-03 and BK10-04 jumpers used for as it's not written on the pcb ?

For a 88 keys keyboard, do we need to solder bk10-03 + mk10-03 ?

of course not!

you have to check it with the schematic of your keybed. Normally an 88 boards need the mk10-03 and bk10-04 to be soldered. 

Edited by FantomXR