Cutting Fatar keybed

Shuriken

I was wondering if anybody has any experience with cutting up a keybed? I have project in mind which (i think) requires a 37 keys keybed.

Now the usual places do not seem to sell any fatar 37 keybeds anymore. So it might be easier and cheaper to find a donor midi controller. However 37 key variants are not that common. I read on the MI forum that a guy there just cut up the keybed of a Behringer UMX 49 controller. He also mentions that he performs such an action on a 61 keybed as well. Unfortunately the source is no longer active on the forum, so i cannot ask him.

So maybe someone here has some experience with this?

I've done this here --> http://midibox.org/forums/topic/19776-connecting-fatar-61-df-keyboard/ without any probs.

After proving the conductive paths, I have shorted the lowest octave of a 61 key Fatar TP/8S keybed with df contacts. There were 2 broken keys. Eventually for a 37 key-bed it's possible to use only one of the df-pcbs, but that depends on the kind of fixation, the holding and holes.

Best regards,

clem!