MIOS32 on PIC32MZ

Ray999

Hi there and a happy new year! :)

Possible: maybe... Amount of work: a lot! :) The question is: why? The STM32F4 boards are really inexpensive (~ 12-14 bucks), are widely available and "just work" :). Imho the best 32bit MIOS core evar! :).

Many greets and have fun!

Peter

Thanks for your reply.....For some reason I had to reset my password before I could reply to you.....

I do take your point about the STM32F4 low cost and all the hard work is done.  I have used PIC for other projects and it would be nice to stay with it, but the C code work will be the same.

I was thinking of making a single board with all the interface that I wanted. I could do that with the ARM I guess.

So I guess the answer is that no one has ported to PIC32.  I do not have MIDI experience so I will continue reading and I might think about a complete new design.

Happy New Year to you and all on this forum.

Ray

Be aware that the ETH connections to Midibox relay on a Realtime Protocol Midi impementation made availabe from BEBDigitalAudio is a gift to the community with a realy cheap price but not opensource.
So the only advantage i see in the PIC32MZ the Ethernet, is not realy of use because OSC is not that Latency-free as RTPM. (maybe i overseen something, then please update me)

RTP-Midi - Thread
http://midibox.org/forums/topic/18923-the-ng-and-the-dsp/

Some Basic Information:
http://www.midibox.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=mios

Regards, Novski