MB6582 - LCD issue

maigre

Hi !

I am almost done bulding the MB-6582 but i am stuck on LCD wiring and connection.

I followed the LCD wiring guide from here: http://www.midibox.org/users/jim_henry/building_a_midibox_lcd_cable.pdf

I had a first problem with my initial LCD: the Backlight wiring was not classic and i think i bricked the LCD. So i started with another one, i double-ckecked the pinouts but it still doesn't work: i have weird characters appearing on screen (see attached picture)..

Any clue to help me troubleshoot this ?

I am trying to resurect an old CORE8 Module to test the LCD, but without success (i posted another thread about this issue). So for now i don't have other to check if it is an LCD issue or MB-6582 issue...

Thanks !

Best Regards,

Thomas

IMG_20160117_192504476.jpg

Hola!

Which LCD model is it? Do you have a link to the datasheet?

Imho, it might be an accidentally swapped data wire... you could try rebuilding a new cable, following these instructions: (they are not better than Jin Henrys, just a different approach, maybe it will work like this?)

Many greets!

Peter

• 4 months later...

Hi!

I bought a new one (a cheap one from Aliexpress, waited loooong time to receive it but it was 2$ + free shipping...) 

And following your attached guide, i finally worked it thru !
I will replace with a better looking one later, but i am really thrilled it finally display something !

Last step now: link front and back boards.. never been so close ;)

Thanks for pointing out the wiring guide !

Best,

Thomas

• Like 1