MIDIbox SEQv4 - Wilba Frontpanel - Round Buttons - Request

jzurd0

Hi all, 

First of all, thanks to TK for creating such an incredible Sequencer, this is the most advanced sequencer I've ever touched.

I'm new to the forum, just finished my MIDIbox SeqV4 and was wondering if anyone is so kind to let me know where I can find a SVG of a rounded button frontpanel for Wilba's layout.

I think some of you developed a rounded button version of it, but tried with InkScape and I'm not able to handle it, too difficult for an old man...

Many thanks in advance!!

Edited by jzurd0
updates

Hi jzurd0,

If you find one, let me know, cause I search too.

If not, and this is not superurgent, 

I will build my wilba this year with round buttons like this ...  

http://www.reichelt.de/Eingabetaster-Digitast-/DT-6-SW/3/index.html?&ACTION=3&LA=2&ARTICLE=7241&GROUPID=3280&artnr=DT+6+SW

I will design a Frontpanel in inkscape and share it here ...  

hi,

if you want to go the ponoko route, i made a design with rounded buttons..

It can be a bit better as the button holes are a bit loo large for mine (~0.5mm, but it's still good enough) : the laser beam size must be included, so beware of that..

Fortunately, here is the svg file so you can modify it if needed :)

seq_enclosure_pvi_3.svg.zip

seq_enclosure_pvi_3.png

seq_enclosure_pvi_3b.svg.zip

Edited by pawaga
svg file update : usb panel mount screw holes were a bit misplaced
  • Like 1

Hi all,

Looking for laser cutting companies just checked with Formulor (Germany) and an Acrylic 3mm box goes up to 90 Euros with shipping; isn't it a bit high? or it is a normal price.

I'm not familiar with laser engraving pricing.

Any tip here?

Thanks a lot!!!

18 hours ago, mongrol said:

The Sonic-Potion's LXR uses these kind of the caps. We found that putting a small ball of blu-tack in the switch made for a good way to make them grip on and stop wobbling. Love how it gives it that Electron look.

You can find the buttons at mouser too. The MI Anushri Eurorack uses them: 611-F0203 en 611-21125. I found that just squeezing the bottom part helps a lot for fitting them with TL1100.

21 minutes ago, jzurd0 said:

Hi all,

Looking for laser cutting companies just checked with Formulor (Germany) and an Acrylic 3mm box goes up to 90 Euros with shipping; isn't it a bit high? or it is a normal price.

I'm not familiar with laser engraving pricing.

Not sure where you are located but if i select the design of pawaga and include shipping i end up with a price of 75 Euro. But then i go with black 3mm.

@pawaga. How are you mounting the boards inside the case? The CS will be mounted to the top panel with 10mm standoffs I assume. What about the core and midi boards? Are they just mounted to the bottom panel with washers for a little space? Do you have straight through standoffs going from the CS PCB to the Core or midi boards? I assume there's some straight through standoffs from CS down to the bottom panel. What size are they?

@mongrol

yes, the cs is mounted with 10mm standoff,

the midi io and quad iic are mounted on 12 mm standoff.

the core on 10mm standoff.

there are also 6 extra standoff from cs to bottom, they are ~ 61mm long  : 2x 25mm + 1x10mm + 1 washer to make it really tight

here is a shoot of the inside :

DSC00764.thumb.JPG.f5a501ec02862ad51803b

• Like 1

yes it is !

cheapo panel mount usb and ethernet plugs, from the bay.

*beware* of the screw holes for the usb adapter, they are a little bit too distant (~1mm each ; it works as it is but it should be better).

Here is the regulator board layout, adapted from the ambika schematics :

56b10a7da7b46_psuregulation.thumb.png.8f

Awesome. Thanks a lot pawage. Is there any reason you extended the panel outside the CS and ran extra straight from panel to bottom standoffs in the corners and edges? I'd like to shave that bit off and make the panel fit as tight to the CS as possble and just go "panel -> CS -> bottom" only.

@mongrol

yes it's possible to shave a bit the panel, maybe 1cm on each side, if you tie the cs to bottom. it would be a cool evolution.

i did it that way because i'm too lazy to redesign the whole thing !

here is the original acrylic layout :

@EsotericLabs

i don't think i will use an ethernet module as i don't have use of the OSC and probably won't..i did not knew that when i build it, so..

i put an ethernet plug to fill the hole, to avoid *bugs* to come in. You will says that there are some holes on the sides, but those are for bees.

• 2 months later...

18% sounds like it's the old Inkscape DPI issue. Basically Inkscape runs SVG at 90dpi while other editors, like Illustrator run at 72dpi. Not sure what Pawaga used to make that file and I also can't find the Ponoko forum posts I read about it. Try this;

1. Get and open Ponoko's P3 inkscape template.
  2. Open Pawaga's file
  3. Copy and paste the contents over to the P3 template.

The p3 template has settings in it that should correct the sizing issue.

• Like 1