is the STM32F4 EOL?

Zam

28 minutes ago, Phatline said:

i have tested the STM32F411xC/E with 512KBytes... and its not working... no flashing LED when pressing Black button, no connection to MIOS Studio ( I did not want to test it... i simply buyd the false Types ...fucking 3 pieces...)

:hmm: The F411 is not really in the same ball park. It's the top of the entry line with less RAM and slower clock. The higher number may have fooled you but F407 is really something else. Too bad you bought 3 pieces. Hopefully you can get rid off them through evilbay.

But you are not the only one. In the past i bought an STM32F103RE with a different crystal speed. So even though being the same MCU it still did not work :wink: 

On 2.2.2016 at 7:18 PM, EsotericLabs said:

found some originals at conrad.nl. I got a good deal: two pieces for €41 including shipping.  they give some kwantumkorting aka mengenrabatt aka volume discount for 2 pieces, at least on their .nl and .de

https://www.conrad.nl/nl/stmicroelectronics-stm32f4discovery-developmentboard-443910.html

Fair enough i think, farnell has €8 shipping below €50,-

and in austria farnell only deliver to "Companys"... i will order @ conrad austria. thx

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I just created a design for a core by myself and ordered it. It's downstripped (has just J8/9 + MicroSD-card reader on board) because I want to test the basic functionality of the circuit first. I'll keep you posted if it runs fine :-) If the design works, it can be easily extended to other people needs.

• 2 weeks later...