Follower of STM32F4?

FantomXR

3 hours ago, FantomXR said:

Hi TK,

as stated in another thread, the STM32F4 used on the latest core seems to be an "end of life" product. Is there any replacement you plan?

Thanks,
Chris

Hello Chris

ST just upgraded the product line, according to the other thread you mention the new disco board should work as direct replacement.

I guess we all waiting for someone to test it, It could be me, I need more core soon, my regular supplier don't offer it before may, I will certainly order from other place soon

Best

Zam

As said in the other topic, there is no need for switching to Nucleo. The STM32F4DISCOVERYDiscovery kit with STM32F407VG MCU is active and will be continued. ST just decided to replace the STM32F407VE with the VG version. Availibilty may seem a bit sketchy now, but that's all due to the switch.

Old board Part number:   STM32F4DISCOVERY

New board Part number:  STM32F407G-DISC1

• 1 month later...

Hi all

For info, I just install the bootloader and MB_NG on the new revision of the STM32 board.

So far everything work fine.

I'm just little perplex as I have a close look at my "old" disco board and there is already a STM32F407VG labelled at the ARM, purchased one year ago at RS???

Best

Zam

• 4 months later...
On 19/03/2016 at 7:47 PM, Zam said:

Hi all

For info, I just install the bootloader and MB_NG on the new revision of the STM32 board.

So far everything work fine.

I'm just little perplex as I have a close look at my "old" disco board and there is already a STM32F407VG labelled at the ARM, purchased one year ago at RS???

Best

Zam

For interest, can you post the version number silkscreened above the ST logo (topside)? MB997C seems to behave okay, while it looks like MB997D has problems with the bootloader if a USB host isn't present.

Hello, sorry but what's NRPN?

The key to this (potential) issue is whether a USB host connection from the computer is required to boot the STM32F4 on later revisions. For your standalone case, how is the board powered? If it's via a computer, then I guess the USB connection is still present?

• 3 weeks later...

Do not worry, the STM32F4 DISCOVERY is not obsolete. ST is just replacing the chip on the board (with a VG version), but the rest of the board is exactly the same. By the way, some distributors are also confused because they already sell the new version with the old name (a friend of mine bought one and he got the new version but it's still the old name on the invoice)