[SOLVED] No OLED display. No 3.3v

mongrol

Hi,

I have a core built and attached displays (raystar oleds) and found them not working. On testing pin 1&2 I see I'm getting 4.2v instead of the expected 5v. Changing the J15 jumper to 3.3v only drops the voltage to 4.1V. Setting it back to 5v gives me 4.2. (this is with displays disconnected). Can anyone suggest where to go from here?

Edited by mongrol
fix topic

Silly me didn't have the hub PSU plugged in. Now getting 4.8v at the OLED header. Still no picture though.

Looks like I need 3.3V according to this thread;

But with the jumper set I'm still getting 4.9v. Hmm, reflow time. Looks like I also need "set lcd_type CLCD_PP" in teh bootloader.

Edited by mongrol

Well thats odd. Pin 1 on the LCD PCB is opposite side (furthest away. Out of desperation I swapped cables and now have 1 LCD working so I'm back to the lack of 3.3V. set LCD_TYPE is 0x02 (which supposedly means CLCD_PP if the boatloader was updated (running 1.18). Tried reflowing around the 595 and resister array and everything else around it. Still only getting 4.8v.

More testing shows 2.9v on the VDD and 3.3v pin on the Discovery board. Adding 3.3v jumper to J15 gives me one OLED. Soon as I plug in both they go out. VDD on teh working display is 2.9v. Time to try different PSU's

Edited by mongrol

No luck. What I don't get is where the 3.3v would come from. The STFM only outputs 3v which mine very nearly is (2.9v). This is enough to drive one display not two.

Oh ffs. Now I swtich J15 to 5v and both OLED's come up.  Which is what I'd expect from 5v OLED. :) It appears I've been led a merry dance by an old support post.

Edited by mongrol