possible to assign multiple buttons to same function?

arumblack

I figure the answer is probably yes.

The explanation:

I'm building a prototype SEQ V4 before having custom PCB's made. I want to play with it and decide the ergonomics and panel layout.

Mostly I want to decide wether I prefer the Encoder switches to be GP buttons, or to enable fast mode as on Wilba's panel. I currently have the Encoder switches wired per TK's original v3 panel layout as the 16 GP buttons. to change to FAST I would need a seperate HWCONFIG file with the 16 SR inputs all set to FAST function. Also I could in the GP button mode have both the encoder switches and dedicated switches and see which I prefer.

Honestly I'd just try it out but I still have some hardware to finish ;)

Thanks!

EDIT : I do realize it is a wast of SR's but its only for prototyping, the final hardware would be adjusted to paralell the switches for FAST mode if that's the way I go.

Edited by arumblack

• 4 weeks later...

Hmm, light bulb moment. I'm already fed up pressing MENU+GP to get to pages. Since I have ALPS encoders with buttons it would rock if I could use those for the gate function and have the GP buttons do their thing without having to press MENU.

Do the encoder buttons have individual addressing or are they simply addressed to FAST and no more?

On April 7, 2016 at 10:11 PM, mongrol said:

Hmm, light bulb moment. I'm already fed up pressing MENU+GP to get to pages. Since I have ALPS encoders with buttons it would rock if I could use those for the gate function and have the GP buttons do their thing without having to press MENU.

Do the encoder buttons have individual addressing or are they simply addressed to FAST and no more?

On the Wilba  CS I believe they are physically wired in parallel to one input pin which is assigned to FAST. So you could reassign them all to the same single function, but not to separate functions, without cutting traces and soldering wires to some additional DIN pins. Probably have to add DIN too, there are a few free assignments in the matrix but not 16.

otherwise I think your idea should work

On April 7, 2016 at 10:11 PM, mongrol said:

On the Wilba  CS I believe they are physically wired in parallel to one input pin which is assigned to FAST. So you could reassign them all to the same single function, but not to separate functions, without cutting traces and soldering wires to some additional DIN pins. Probably have to add DIN too, there are a few free assignments in the matrix but not 16.

otherwise I think your idea should work