BLM Midi Map

mongrol

Since the BLM talks to the SEQ via MIDI I thought it might be possible to code up a BLM using some software I'm familiar with before looking into hardware options. Is the MIDI Map available for it anywhere? I had a look through the SEQ MIOS code base and BLM modules but couldn't find a listing anywhere.

Here the documentation about the MIDI protocol: http://svnmios.midibox.org/filedetails.php?repname=svn.mios32&path=%2Ftrunk%2Fapps%2Fcontrollers%2Fblm_scalar%2FREADME.txt

However, maybe you missed the already existing BLM emulation software which is available for Win/Mac/Linux: http://www.ucapps.de/midibox_seq_manual_blm.html

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Hi,

Regarding the other HW options, I think the F4Discovery modul value for money is still among the best. Currently I'm working on a new solution for BLM16x with the following HW plan: F4Discovery with modified MB BLM firmware, simple 17*17 button matrix directly connected to F4Discovery pins, WS2812 led strip instead of duo leds. If this config is feasible you don't need any other IO module to drive the BLM. The pin assignment has been done, there are enough pins on the disco to direct drive the 17x17 button matrix, the led strip with 289 leds (needs only one out) and one serial Midi IO. The modified MB firmware is 95% ready, but I need to make a test HW. (I'm too busy in this month, so I can't promise anything).

Some challenge: power for led strip, mechanical connection of the buttons and leds. The plan is low profile standard tackt buttons on simple perfoboard, SMD diodes on the copper side. The led strip lays on the top of one row of buttons, the next row is the same, but the led strip runs in reverse direction, so the full led strip is connected in a "zigzag" way. 

BR Norbim