Seq V4 case....I think I've become...

Magus517707

For moar bling and a bit of brass look, you could go for gold aluminum knobs like this one:

http://www.musikding.de/Aluminium-knob-15mm-gold-6mm-knurled-shaft

Maybe the "knurled shaft" is not the best thing, but there might be other knobs like this one there (also with a smaller diameter and no indicator, if possible).
You probably also need VFDs for full steampunk look! :-)

Many greets,

Peter

On 4/14/2016 at 4:46 PM, latigid on said:

Looks great! 3mm thick? I'd imagine it's stiffer than acrylic?

Thanks! It actually only comes in in 2.5mm unfortunately. I was a bit scared it would be too thin. I am still a bit worried about the possibility of breaking it if I were to lean too hard on it. I think Acrylic is a bit more rigid, but over all bamboo is very strong, so once I get everything put together we will see how it goes.

On 4/14/2016 at 7:45 PM, mongrol said:

How much was the Bamboo from Ponoko? Seeing how hard it is to get no-indicated 11m plastic knobs, it's a shame similar in brass won't exit. :|

The bamboo is like 20 bucks for the P3 size. All shipped, with their $20 off coupon it was $38 shipped. And yeahI have been scouring the internet for some cool. Knobs. I think for the time being I'll use the ones that came with the Kit and once I find the perfect knobs I'll switch the out.

• Like 1

On 4/15/2016 at 8:09 PM, Hawkeye said:

For moar bling and a bit of brass look, you could go for gold aluminum knobs like this one:

http://www.musikding.de/Aluminium-knob-15mm-gold-6mm-knurled-shaft

Maybe the "knurled shaft" is not the best thing, but there might be other knobs like this one there (also with a smaller diameter and no indicator, if possible).
You probably also need VFDs for full steampunk look! :-)

Many greets,

Peter

Thanks for the suggestions Peter. I have been eyeing knobs like that. Also looking on ebay for a set of vintage style knobs. I have some regular CLCDs in the mail right now. And am in the group buy for some OLEDs, I love OLEDs. But VFD would look pretty sweet. Only VFD I have is a 2x20. I'll figure out a use for it eventually.

Also on a side note just want to let you know I love your Youtube channel. I blast your tunes all the time.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Magus517707 said:

The bamboo is like 20 bucks for the P3 size. All shipped, with their $20 off coupon it was $38 shipped. And yeahI have been scouring the internet for some cool. Knobs. I think for the time being I'll use the ones that came with the Kit and once I find the perfect knobs I'll switch the out.

Geez, is Australia (using NZ ponoko) my SEQ case costs about 80USD