motor faders

marcjwebb

I have started a project to make a 8 Fader Module.
I thaught of a comunity project but it seams that people have different ideas then i have :blush: so until now its just as far as i drove it.
You can have a look here:
http://wiki.midibox.org/doku.php?id=fadercore_-_fadermodule_for_audio_daw

If you are interessted i can send  you pictures of my module.
But since a user named Zam is redifining the Fader driver i was waiting untin he wold maybe release his work somehow.
Time whent bye and now its geting summer again! :decayed: but hey time is relative, istn't it...
Regards, Novski

Edited by novski

On 20/4/2016 at 9:23 PM, novski said:

If you are interessted i can send  you pictures of my module.
But since a user named Zam is redifining the Fader driver i was waiting untin he wold maybe release his work somehow.
Time whent bye and now its geting summer again! :decayed: but hey time is relative, istn't it...
Regards, Novski

Hi Novski

as you say... time fly and summer come again :pout:

I don't update so much recently but I work on it... already hit the 4k invest with this r&d and now have about everything at home to check/approve the 8 fader pack.

(except fader with one more month delay from manufacturer :angry:)

Best

Zam

Well the Faders are made with the MF_NG 8bit uC in old fashion. Its a bit tricky to geth them to talk in a chain but Touch works with the crome knobs...

I think latigid on missunderstood the foto. The MF_NG is not visuable here... Its not connected direct to the Core else than over J8/9 serial...

The Frontplate is CAD drawn in Frontplattendesigner and exported to give it in a local production for a prototype.
The enclosure is a gift from Screaming_Rabbit and i even have another one to give away.
Its just a bit big to ship, so if anybody whants to pick it up in Switzerland feel free to contact me.

All the modules are opensource available on Github in form of Eagle Schematics, Layouts and if you whant a single pcb i sell.
I just didn't have time to get all together yet...

Regards, Novski

At what resolution does the MF_NG work? I can't find info on this. 

I am about to start building a 32 channel mixer and I dont know if I should order parts for 4xMF_NG or if I should go with another option. I want high resolution and silent as possible. I already have the parts to build one module so I should be able to test the noise. 

I already have 29 TKD faders but I am looking for the remaning 3 to complete the set. If anyone has 3x TKD MF-914 faders please let me know. 

BTW novski, that mixer looks amazing. The channel design is very similar to mine. Keep us updated!