Wilma LED problem

Karg

Hey all,

I experience a problem while assembling my Wilba front panel pcbs for the Seq. While everything worked fine (I had left out the LEDs first), last night I soldered the LEDs and something is wrong with my multiplexing.

Among the step LEDs, every even step LED (2, 4, 6, etc) is always on and much brighter that it should be according to the used resistor.

Also all LEDs on the left hand side of the board are always one, but much dimmer that they should be.

Since I discovered this while testing during the assembly, I stopped and did not solder the LEDs above the start/stop/etc buttons, so I cannot comment on them yet.

Visual inspection of the PCB and its solder points look good. I also reheated all LED solder points by know and carefully checked for bridges among them.

As a configuration file, I use the standard file that is suggested for the Wilba panel.

Any help indicating me into a direction where to best investigate is appreciated.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Best,

Karg  

IMG_2299.jpg

You need to take care of the orientation of the LEDs. They will light up (and also be very bright), if anode/cathode are reversed. Also, make sure to control "L31" - as this one is inserted reversed to the others.

Many greets & good luck!
Peter

56 minutes ago, latigid on said:

First off, did you upload the correct firmware using the Wilba variant? 

I am using firmware midibox_seq_v4_090b, which according to the changelog supports the Wilba. Is that correct?

Edited by Karg

16 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

You need to take care of the orientation of the LEDs. They will light up (and also be very bright), if anode/cathode are reversed. Also, make sure to control "L31" - as this one is inserted reversed to the others.

I just confirmed the orientation again, all correct.

Hi Karg, i assume that you uploaded the right firmware .hex file with mios studio AND copied the right config .v4 file to the sd card. If all of your buttons work right this should be the case. But you wrote that you did not solder in all leds yet, and i think this is the problem. Im not 100% shure but on a multiplexed circuit, leaving out one led will affect all the others in line ont the pcb track and will so create some strange effects on your panel. Perhaps somone can confirm this.

Much luck

gridracer 

• Like 1