!! Hard fault !!

jzurd0

Hi all,

This evening mu Midibox Seq V4 (STM32F) crashed with the error you can see in the attached screenshot.

Any clues on what's going on?

I'm using Wilba's panel, 2 dual midi modules and Ilmenator's TPD module.

Could this be caused due to a midi buffer overflow ? I was sending midi data quite fast (2 steps tracks looped randomly by hand) if that is of any help..

This never happened before and I would like to trace this fault in depth as currently Midibox is the heart of my studio.

Thank you all!

image.jpg

Edited by jzurd0

Hola,

is it a STM32F1 or F4? Which SEQ firmware version? There have been some versions which may run (too) low on memory on the F1, which might cause the crash. Accordingly, and to my knowledge, in the latest versions for F1, TK. has removed some functionality to avoid that. So, if you are running on a F1 and have not upgraded yet... :-D

Edit: I just read your text "dual midi modules", which allows to deduct, that you are running on a F4... Sorry, i missed that... anything you did before the crash? E.g. SD-card access? Can you reproduce the crash?

Many greets,
Peter

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your help.

I'm on V4_090b, the only change was the TPD module, but that was added a week ago and had no issues so far.

I'm planning to do an intensive test tomorrow, will report asap.

Thanks again,

Jose

Hi Jose,

as long as it does not happen too often, don't worry too muchs (or we would have problems fixing it anyways, if one cannot reproduce it reliably :-))!
A thing to check might be the power supply, as the TPD module will take a bit more current and it might be overloaded - if in doubt, check the 5v usb supply voltage (there are pins on the core to measure it with a multimeter) and see how low it drops under normal operating conditions (with the TPD on and the sequencer playing a "heavy" sequence). Good luck!

Have a great weekend!
Bye,
peter