midibox_NG and SPI midi issue

Zam

Hi all

From .NGC, I try without success to have midi data I/O with RTP-midi (kissbox) connected at J16 (J1 at BEB card)

I'm able to send midi with .NGR and SPI1 port definition, but I want to send receive midi with .NGC configuration

How can I do that? "ports=" definition at .NGC don't seem to have SPI choices... I'm lost here.

Also I have trouble to update/load data with MIOS studio, I connect to the core, browse and edit config files, but there is error if updating/saving the change.

Another example, if I type "help" at MIOS studio terminal, the text with all available command is just crazy, missing parts and wrong "return to line"

I'll appreciate help on this

best

Zam

MIOSstudio terminal.jpg

Edited by Zam

Hi Thorsten

Thanks !!!

Did you just upgrade the documentation, because I miss this couple days ago, when I read for the hundred time again the documentation :confused:

I will try asap :happy:

juste a note/question

according to the example you give, SPI is first 4 digits not last 4 digits, and fourth digit enable SPI 4, if I'm logical ?

Expects a 16bit binary value (0|1) to select the MIDI ports over which the event should send and receive:

• the first 4 digits enable/disable USB1..USB4
  • the next 4 digits enable/disable MIDI1..MIDI4
  • the next 4 digits are reserved, don't use!
  • the next 4 digits enable/disable OSC1..OSC4
  • the last 4 digits enable/disable SPI1..SPI4 (requires that the spi_midi flag has been enabled in the MIOS32 Bootloader configuration.

Example: following binary value (which is the default value)

ports=00001000100000001000

will enable USB1, MIDI1 (IN1 and OUT1) and OSC1, and following binary:

ports=00000000110000000000

will only enable MIDI1 and MIDI2

ports=00010000000000000000

will enable SPI1

Best

Zam

Edited by Zam

Hello Thorsten

Ok that's great it work now !!! fader moves without USB connected :cheers:

I just made a quick change at .NGC to check, don't have time this week to go further on this i'm in a middle of mix session.

Sorry but to make it work right now I have to define ports=00000000000000001000 and not ports=00010000000000000000.

there is some contradiction between text/description and example, but I solved this in few min, as I get the point of 16bit in place of 12bit for the ports definition.

Everything is fine :happy:

Best

Zam