SeqV4 schematics

comboy

it is basically a button led matrix.  If you look that up on uncaps.de, you'll get the hang (DIO Matrix with configuration examples).  you could also use the simpler wiring without matrixing, take a look at www.ucapps.de / seq v4 / manual / hardware options  / how many buttons - leds do I need /  check link to pinning diagrams) 

In any case, the seq core and software will take the information what button /led  is where (on what shift register) from the hardware configuration file MBSEQ_HW.v4.  

The schematic is in here somewhere..

ok I also found this http://www.ucapps.de/midibox_seq/mbseq_v4_dio_wilba_layout.pdf

but the matrix description confuses me.
from the look of the matrix I'd say D4 to D7 are used for the duo colour LEDs, but the table states D0 to D3 are used.
I guess the labels on the table are mixed up!?

Edited by comboy

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I was thinking exacting the same...
I don't know what cowboy is going to do, but I was one of the beta testers of the mb909 (a sequencer for the tr9090) and I'm pretty disappointed that the project is gone...
I've lost hours in finding bugs on an incomplete software and now that everything seems to be over I can't still access the src code.
Why I'm telling this here ? It was a branch of the seqv4 but the hardware was build with dogm 240x128 display and the usability was a total nightmare, not all menus were backported. The main problem is that I intended the mb909 like a master sequencer with a 909 in front and not like the 909 sequencer...the work for back porting all the usability to that display ... really can't say but a way too much when the software is maintained and documented when using the right display configuration.
I still think that It would be great to have a fully working seqv4 inside the enclosure of a 9090 and control with it other synths, but I need to make another pcb with teh rght buttons and the right displays this time!
More ore less like "cowboy"

Any other hints ?
Any eagle schematics out there ?
Anyone willing to start another drummachine / workstation prototype ?

Please feel free to move this to another topic

IMG-20160611-WA0005.jpeg

IMG-20160611-WA0010.jpeg

IMG-20160611-WA0012.jpeg

• 1 month later...