Newbie question about SID V2

ChinMuzik

I have a bunch of breadbins and couple 128's collecting dust and I have been using MSSIAH with my old breadbin to incorporate SID into my music workflow.

I am looking to build a SID v2 box, but the pool of options is a overwhelming a bit in my attempts to narrow down what would be best for me.

I want to build a box with 2 6581's for 6-voice polyphony, max patch storage and max tactile control for all parameters (minimum menu diving).

So, my search concludes I need (as a starting point) the MIDIbox SID 8580/6581 + CS kit from Mike's. As well as 8 24LC512 eeproms. 

And a PIC18F4685 (hopefully the preflashed are still availalable?)

My question is, is modular my only option? The enclosure footprint is something id like to keep small. Was hoping to find an AIO mainboard solution, like Wilbas, so I could build an enclosure like his. I was heartbroken to see SmashTV doesn't have his boards anymore (along with many other parts).

Is it possible to pull of a dual SID modular build inside a similar footprint?

I appreciate any input/help. Thanks

I've decided to go and gut one of my breadbins to house a SID v2, hopefully using a stereo pair of 6581 and 8580. Maybe I can learn while I wait in hopes of the MB6852 boards, or learn enough and fab my own board solution.

One thing I am confused a bit over...is the photo gallery of TK's c64 SID build. It shows a complete control panel but I don't see where the DINX4 and DOUTX4 modules are located. I see the CORE, MIDI and SID modules. I'm just trying to get a feel if I will be able to stuff all the modules in the case.

On 30. Juni 2016 at 5:41 AM, ChinMuzik said:

One thing I am confused a bit over...is the photo gallery of TK's c64 SID build. It shows a complete control panel but I don't see where the DINX4 and DOUTX4 modules are located. I see the CORE, MIDI and SID modules. I'm just trying to get a feel if I will be able to stuff all the modules in the case.

The gallery shows pictures of my first build, where I used dedicated DIN/DOUT modules. Meanwhile I replaced the modules by a MB6582 PCB

Best Regards, Thorsten.