Quad IIC board not working [solved]

workspace

Yes, the PICs are programmed with:

./pk2cmd -P -F project.hex -J0 -M

But  I use 33pF caps instead of 15pF ( I ordered the wrong ones because the part list reads: Ceramic capacitor "33"). I think this should be OK since the Load Capacitance of my quartz is 18pF. Am I wrong?

Anything else I could have missed? Any debugging steps?

Thanks a lot Michael

Edited by workspace

Hi Michael,

caps should be ok, but I can't say if the pk2cmd will program the PIC correctly.

Very important hint: don't forget to add the 10 uF cap between 5V and ground, otherwise the PIC won't boot.

Only additional debugging help: the green power LED should turn on, otherwise the firmware isn't running...

Best Regards, Thorsten.

How did you diagnose that it was "not working?" I.e. really no good MIDI transfer? (Are the tracks assigned properly?)

Are the interconnections verified? Do the status LEDs light up? Clock data should be set on starting a sequence, so this is visible as continuously lit.

i checked pin 6. the firmware is not running. when i read the memory of the pic i get just get FF00s. i also tried programming with different voltages. same result.

so i guess programming is not that straight forward with the pk2cmd software.

i have the diamex programmer. i think i have to install windows for the gui version...

programming under windows with the gui version worked perfectly. now everything is running.

if i find the time i will investigate into the command line options for pk2cmd. i think programming should also possible with this software.

thanks everybody for the support.

Edited by workspace

• 1 month later...