usb midi 16x16 interface ?

dendy

Hello

please, i'm searching diy project for creating 16 in / 16 out MIDI/USB interface (i need that it supports all types of midi messages inclucing systex) ...

is it possible to create such project with ucapps platform ? Any advice welcome, thanks ... 

You might get an 8x4 or 12x4 (with a bit of hacking) MIDI USB interface with up to 12 DIN outs on a 32-bit MIOS based platform running, when using IIC_MIDI modules, but it is true, 16x16 is currently not obtainable without serious hacking ;-).

But then, the inbuilt MIDI router of all modern 32-bit MIOS firmwares (SEQv4, MIDIO128, MBNG...) is really great, you can control it e.g. via a small SCS board without computer. And then, some operating systems will allow to attach multiple MIDIboxes to your USB ports (windows sometimes has problems with MIDI port enumeration, but I've got a MBNG, a SEQ and a custom project (MBLoopa) attached to a single Windows 10 machine and it works somehow). :-)

Many greets,
Peter