AOUT Euro - PCB set

Altitude

So it is time to offer a bulk order of these boards.  This will be a PCB only set consisting of the DOUT/Jack board and the Aout module that mounts on the back of it.  I could also offer this with the liner driver receiver if there is interest for it and possibly a PCB euro panel.

The module does this:

3x DOUTs for 8 5V gates, 8 clocks, and 8 Triggers

8x CV Channels via the MAX525 DAC with the Bipolar offset option.

There will be an additional DOUT/DIN header on the board for linking to a Euro TPD module down the line

The module is provisioned to be powered via 10 pin euro power header with the +5V being supplied either by the module itself or from the line extender.  I tested both ways without noticing a difference but do recommend that it be powered internally.

Pricing will depend on how many people order but expect ~ $30 for the set of just the DOUT/Aout boards 

Also, a warning:  This is an all SMD board, 0603 size passives, SOIC opamps,  and the MAX525s are SSOP size, if you dont have experience with soldering parts like that, I recommend getting some practice boards off ebay until you are comfortable.  This is not a beginner's surface mount project.

Boards will be made by PCBway.  I can get ENIG plating or leaded HASL.  Leaded HASL is much better to solder to but is not ROHS compliant so input would be appreciated on that. 

aouteuro2.jpg

Edited by Altitude

Hi Altitude,

I registered my interest via the form but I would really appreciate it if I could get a full set ( PCBs + Line driver PCB set + panel) from you. Especially since you are shipping from the US I would rather pay you more and have everything delivered at once. Don't know if this makes sense to you, but I just wanted to let you know. 

• 2 weeks later...

the DACs are MSSOP which is fine pitch SMD.  You dont need anything high powered but a fine tip is recommended.  If you have not done anything like this previously, I recommend  a practice board off ebay.  The DACs are $22 each so you dont want to screw those up.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Ok, this is officially closed for lack of interest.  I'll get the files and BOM up on the Wiki.

I do have some extra boards from my runs:

2 x Jack/Dout PCBs with one SRIO connector (for anyone not interested in the TPD addon)

1  Stuffed Jack DOUT PCB, tested as working (from my prototype)

1 AOUT euro PCB

1 Jack/Dout PCB with the extra SRIO (for TPD euro)

I'll let these go at cost (10$ each for the PCBS, $35 for the stuffed one), first come first served