sammich sid software for playing .sid files ?

cuca

• 4 months later...

i downloaded the ASID software but don´t know how work with the sammich.  I load a sid file into the asid , and config the asid to my sound interface but don´t know what is missing.  I have midi in cable (from sammich) to midi out (sound interface) . Is there any menu config inside sammichSID to communicate with the asid or need i other software ?  im confused 

On 8/5/2013 at 10:01 PM, cuca said:

hello i found the ASID player and it works with my sammichSID .But now i have a new question . how can i extract a sound from a SID tune and save it like a patch ? for example , i like the kick or the snare in a sid tune and i want to extract it and save it like  a patch / sound.  Do you know what i mean ? Need to do it in a DAW or something ? can i separate the channels in a SID tune with the sammichSID ?  many questions , i don´t know how to do it . Can somebody helps me ?

Looks like it was working then ?

very weird . i dont know actually how do it hjaha. I lost my memory , i can´t remember what i did in 2013 when i wrote that post haha. Sorry , beleave me , i don´t know what happened with asid in 2013 hehehe.  I need a hypnossis session to try remember what happened in 2013 when i said asid worked with my sammichSID heheh.  Now don´t remember  what i did to make it work. 

Edited by cuca

now works ! the problem was the sound interface. I disconnected the midi cables (midi in / out cables) , turn off the unit and connect them again. Next i power on the interface again and now works with Asid player .  The only thing i want now is a tracker , a sid compatible music  tracker to create sid music with the sammich , do you know some tracker to do that ? a music tracker that works with the internal sammichSID chip ? 

Good :)

Once I was able to achieve something similar to what you are asking.

There was a mod around for Cadaver's GoatTracker that implied a .dll file, a real C64 and a DIY cable. Parallel port of the PC <=> user port C64, I'm not sure, it was quite some time ago, but I do remember that worked only in a DOS environment to me so I had to use a Win98 PC.

I don't remember the protocol involved but the speed of the communication was similar or slightly faster to that of MIDI, you basically had to restrain yourself to 1X SID.

Let us know if you find something, it's interesting.

Edited by ErMangaver