MIDI_CORE_LPC17 PCB?

kilius

I currently want to build the MIDIO 128 v3 (including the lpc17) so i managed to buy a lpxpresso1769. The components are easy to get, but i didnt find any way to get the PCB. Is there any way to buy a PCB online thats already made?
oh, and does anyone know what the dimensions of the PCB are? i just found the datasheet including the Value 100 x 120, but im not sure about the unity.

Greetings,

Kilian

As far as I can see the LPC 17 Core PCB is not available to buy anymore from Smash TV's and Mikes Midibox shops but you can still buy the newer CORE STM32F4 PCB and kit from SmashTV.

http://midiboxshop.bigcartel.com/

Keep in mind you would need to purchase the STM32F407G-DISC1 evaluation board externally.

That would be the easiest way to proceed. 

You should always make sure all components are available to buy  (such as the PCB) before ordering anything, it can save cost in the long run. :)

Edited by Smithy
  • Like 1

On 9/14/2016 at 9:30 PM, Antichambre said:

the good révision is B if I remember well, C doesn't match.

Interesting, I didn't know that. I have one more LPC core that I plan to stuff. Does anyone happen to know if LPC1769 revision D, currently available on the embeddedartists site, is compatible with LPC core? They claim that:

"the expansion pins (2x27 positions) are mechanically compatible with the original design"

but I'd like to check if anyone here has experience with it before I order. 

53 minutes ago, monokinetic said:

Does anyone happen to know if LPC1769 revision D, currently available on the embeddedartists site, is compatible with LPC core?

Maybe the core was revised too, since I bought it. But, mine is only compatible with rev B.
large.57dbbef1f07a7_LPC1769REVx.jpg.2eb3

I'm pretty sure, Lextronic has a stock of revB, but ask them before.

Edited by Antichambre

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 2016. 09. 16. at 11:42 AM, Antichambre said:

Maybe the core was revised too, since I bought it. But, mine is only compatible with rev B.
large.57dbbef1f07a7_LPC1769REVx.jpg.2eb3

I'm pretty sure, Lextronic has a stock of revB, but ask them before.

Lextronic now have this board does it the original or need some hack too?

i have a lpc19_v1 board!

everything work as was writes here:

http://www.ucapps.de/mbhp_core_lpc17.html

Edited by WingMa

On 2016. 09. 16. at 10:45 AM, monokinetic said:

Interesting, I didn't know that. I have one more LPC core that I plan to stuff. Does anyone happen to know if LPC1769 revision D, currently available on the embeddedartists site, is compatible with LPC core? They claim that:

"the expansion pins (2x27 positions) are mechanically compatible with the original design"

but I'd like to check if anyone here has experience with it before I order. 

Or buy this D because it’s better than C?

Hello,

A = B = fits exactly the ucapps core board footprint.
C = D = don't fit exactly the ucapps core board footprint.

=> for C and D we need to use wire or to bend a part of the header.

Sorry if I wasn't clear before.

For all cases bootloader is the same method, except that you will maybe need to advise Memory address at burn, depending on version of your LPCXpresso ide, see http://midibox.org/forums/topic/20590-lpcxpresso-ide/

Best
Bruno

You can use the D. If you do not solder it first you do not have to bend or use wire. there is enough flex in the header and sockets to get it to line up and once it is aligned you solder. If you solder first you will need to bend the pin legs or replace them with wire. It is a bit tricky to do but it does work.